Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something Evil This Way Comes, I Hope
Robnxious
post Apr 20 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #41

RobnxiousOne

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,097
Region Association: Northern California

Trust me, in hind sight, I wish I would have thought to go w/ upgraded half shafts. I didn't at first and ripped one off the transmission on my first weekend out shake out cruise.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 20 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #42

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The Kool tool is great. Makes building ss lines super easy. I showed it to Russo and he lamented the last 50 years of doing it by hand.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Apr 20 2018, 07:41 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 20 2018, 04:34 PM) *

The Kool tool is great. Makes building ss lines super easy. I showed it to Russo and he lamented the last 50 years of doing it by hand.

Reworked some lines today that i struggled with for hours without the Kool Tool. Did them in 10 min today!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Apr 22 2018, 05:52 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Well got all of the hoses run today. Need a couple of fittings to finish it off.

Attached Image

Next add back in MicroSquirt and start!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Apr 22 2018, 06:48 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Robnxious @ Apr 20 2018, 04:16 PM) *

Trust me, in hind sight, I wish I would have thought to go w/ upgraded half shafts. I didn't at first and ripped one off the transmission on my first weekend out shake out cruise.

I certainly believe if it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing. But compared to these things the stock axels are made of paper. Dont think I will have enough HP to even stress these.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 5 2018, 08:05 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

It’s ALIVE!

Well almost. Going through the MicroSquirt set up. Having problems with idle. With the IBT set up and cam, there is not much vacuum at idle. It drops with revs but because it is reading 60 to 70 at idle the ECH seems to be adding more fuel as it is running rich.

Backing out fuel in the VE table helps but the corrections made by the ECU always seem to continue to make it richer.

For some reason I had adaptive idle on which I will recheck how it works with that off but likely not the fix.

Might try limiting the EGO correction and or take out incorporating the AFR reading in the fuel settings.

Any other thoughts on changes for high MAP settings.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post May 5 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

Do you have all 4 ITB vacuum port connected to a little manifold to a single line to the MPS? I thought I had read something about this kind of setup from Mark Henry, not sure though...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 8 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 5 2018, 01:04 PM) *

Do you have all 4 ITB vacuum port connected to a little manifold to a single line to the MPS? I thought I had read something about this kind of setup from Mark Henry, not sure though...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Each of the ITBs are joined together by a vacuum port on each of the sides of the engine. So these two ports are joined together and go directly to the MAP.

After looking over the cam specs (410 value lift and 278 duration) I think I am going to get a poor vacuum signal regardless.

Pulled off the manifolds and checked for vacuum leaks and really did not find anything.

Did a quick test to run it on Alpha-N rather than speed density and got much better results.

Doing some testing to see if I can get it to draw a bit more vacuum. Increasing advance at idle to increase RPMs and then will close of the throttle bodies more to reduce the idle to where it should be. Should help some. But I think that. I will have to run a hybrid of Alpha-N at low speeds and the switch over to speed density at higher RPMs.

Developed a couple of different Tunes to see what works.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 13 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

With the power of creation comes great responsibility. Took it out for first test drive. Still have some tuning to do but happy with the results. The sound the throttle bodies make combined with the Tangerine Evo exhaust is staggering and fast.

So when I get it sorted I will have to decide if I use this power for good or evil? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Pretty sure from the looks I got from people tonight I am leaning toward evil!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post May 14 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #50

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 13 2018, 10:05 PM) *

I vote evil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post May 15 2018, 04:55 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 13 2018, 06:05 PM) *

With the power of creation comes great responsibility. Took it out for first test drive. Still have some tuning to do but happy with the results. The sound the throttle bodies make combined with the Tangerine Evo exhaust is staggering and fast.

So when I get it sorted I will have to decide if I use this power for good or evil? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Told you that you would love it....I told Chris that the sound puts a smile on that you couldn't wipe off with a handful of hundred dollar bills!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 15 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 15 2018, 02:55 AM) *

Told you that you would love it....I told Chris that the sound puts a smile on that you couldn't wipe off with a handful of hundred dollar bills!

It is hard to communicate that feeling of how hard it is to remove that smile, to those that have never experienced the success of going through the creation process.

Not that the EVO did not sound good on the previous engine, but I think this new engine really takes advantage of the design and sound it is suppose to produce.

Going to have to save many handfuls of hundred dollar bills and look at the headers!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post May 15 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #53

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 15 2018, 11:01 AM) *

It is hard to communicate that feeling of how hard it is to remove that smile, to those that have never experienced the success of going through the creation process.

Not that the EVO did not sound good on the previous engine, but I think this new engine really takes advantage of the design and sound it is suppose to produce.

Going to have to save many handfuls of hundred dollar bills and look at the headers!

well I have a feeling I will have to follow you this Okteenerfest , not the other way around!- well , unless of course you have not improved the suspension to match that HP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 15 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 15 2018, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 15 2018, 11:01 AM) *

well I have a feeling I will have to follow you this Okteenerfest , not the other way around!- well , unless of course you have not improved the suspension to match that HP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Some minor suspension upgrades. Rear sway bar, Koni adjustable front shocks, 914 Rubber Front Shock bushings, Tarett adjustable front sway bar links, and all new rear suspension bushings. Think I am good. May need a driver capable of using these upgrades though!

Funny though just adding the rear sway bar gave the car a better feel. Have not had the chance to see how it impacted under steer or over steer nut it just feels better.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 15 2018, 06:23 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Updated badging just in case someone wants to see what they are playing with. Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 10 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

The evil is progressing slowly. But a few additions to the front suspension.

Attached Image

Fully adjustable in the front now!

A small increase in braking.

Attached Image

Added some adjustment to the sway bar.

Attached Image

More evil to come.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 21 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Dyno Tune scheduled for July 12!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 13 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Had some set up issues so did not push it all that hard. Identified some changes to make but fairly happy for a first run.

Pretty good torque at about 114 horsepower and 125 foot-pounds of torque at the wheels. Got out of it pretty early on that run, was having some coil issues, and a few Micro squirt issues so maybe there is more?

Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:58 AM