Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wheel Spacers
grantsfo
post Jun 1 2005, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I have never used wheel spacers on any of my cars, but I like the idea of widening the front track of my 914 a little. Does somone make spacers for 914? Or is it something you have to have fabricated by a machine shop? Also when going with a spacer are the longer alloy wheel lugs safe to use or do you need to get longer lug bolts too?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jun 1 2005, 10:41 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

1/4" spacers should be all you need. The stripper came with something from the FLAPS. Not hubcenteric so you got to be carefull when bolting up wheels.
I got studs and steel nuts. I don't think I could cope with bolts as often as I change tiars. Especially because my 1970 is not even hub centric on the front.

So are your bolts long enough? I think you need to make sure the end og the bolt goes all the way through the hub flange. for the front someone said 9/16" thread engagement. I have also heard 9 turns in. But really IDONNO (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 1 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Spacers...lot's of threads on these....do a search.

Four lug spacers to four lug spacers WITH studs are available....1/4 inch is probably not doable as the height of the fastening studd is thicker than that....

How much space do ya need?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jun 1 2005, 02:48 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Darren Doud has a set of 1/2" spacers that I believe he is not going to need......bought 'em from HPH.....for custom, a place on ebay had 'em for $68 per pair which is a good price...if you need a drawing, let me know and I'll draw it up for you if you know the dims you need...............

i'm running one-off 1.125" hubcentric spacers on the front and homemade 1/2" on the rear of my car (4-lug)

1/4" spacers should be all you need.

how do you figure? the track is 1" narrower per side on the front than the rear..........

+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 1 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #5

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

i heard that the difference in track is 20mm per side, which is about .8 inches i think. this jives with the measurements i've been taking lately (have the car strung up for a home brew alignment. gonna have some wild specs (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif) )
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:00 PM