Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I have never used wheel spacers on any of my cars, but I like the idea of widening the front track of my 914 a little. Does somone make spacers for 914? Or is it something you have to have fabricated by a machine shop? Also when going with a spacer are the longer alloy wheel lugs safe to use or do you need to get longer lug bolts too?
Joe Ricard
1/4" spacers should be all you need. The stripper came with something from the FLAPS. Not hubcenteric so you got to be carefull when bolting up wheels.
I got studs and steel nuts. I don't think I could cope with bolts as often as I change tiars. Especially because my 1970 is not even hub centric on the front.

So are your bolts long enough? I think you need to make sure the end og the bolt goes all the way through the hub flange. for the front someone said 9/16" thread engagement. I have also heard 9 turns in. But really IDONNO confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Spacers...lot's of threads on these....do a search.

Four lug spacers to four lug spacers WITH studs are available....1/4 inch is probably not doable as the height of the fastening studd is thicker than that....

How much space do ya need?
Mueller
Darren Doud has a set of 1/2" spacers that I believe he is not going to need......bought 'em from HPH.....for custom, a place on ebay had 'em for $68 per pair which is a good price...if you need a drawing, let me know and I'll draw it up for you if you know the dims you need...............

i'm running one-off 1.125" hubcentric spacers on the front and homemade 1/2" on the rear of my car (4-lug)

1/4" spacers should be all you need.

how do you figure? the track is 1" narrower per side on the front than the rear..........

nebreitling
i heard that the difference in track is 20mm per side, which is about .8 inches i think. this jives with the measurements i've been taking lately (have the car strung up for a home brew alignment. gonna have some wild specs happy11.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.