Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't (attempt to) Buy From DAVID HENRY...
bobheinonen
post Feb 8 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,556
Region Association: Southern California

If Mr Henry is guilty of anything, it would appear to be indecision. About six years ago I bought a bunch of NOS -6 parts from him which he put up for sale because he had cancelled his conversion. All went smoothly. Bob Heinonen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 8 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Your 8th post in 10-years comes within this thread...someone has been calling in back-up!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Feb 8 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

I get that you’re angry, but bashing Bob isn’t going to get him to start contributing more... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 8 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #24

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bobheinonen @ Feb 8 2018, 10:12 PM) *

If Mr Henry is guilty of anything, it would appear to be indecision. About six years ago I bought a bunch of NOS -6 parts from him which he put up for sale because he had cancelled his conversion. All went smoothly. Bob Heinonen

If your definition of not honoring a commitment is calling it indecision, well then yea.
I could almost see it if he realized this was a part he needed for his car or had already promised it out to someone else. Mistakes happen. But for $75 or whatever, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

Yes, Glenn is one of the many good people on this site.
Even though he keeps dodging me at Hershey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Feb 8 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #25

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

I'm also pretty sure ebay would take some action on this, possibly including a full ban. Buy it Now is a contract where he agreed to sell that item at that price, as well as to pay the resulting ebay fees....

Sorry to hear this stuff happens in the p-car community sometimes. I've been very lucky having bought untold thousands of dollars in Porsche parts over 25+ years, and only encountering issues a small handful of times.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Feb 8 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #26

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431

FYI - Insurance is for the seller, not the buyer. Federal Mail Order laws require the seller to provide the goods as advertised. If it is damaged during shipping it will be blamed as poor packaging, unless it is blatant in which the shipper will cover up to stated value.
The seller must refund the full amount, after which he can try to collect from the shipper, or if it's deemed poor packing the seller is left with damaged goods and no money.
He should know better by now if he's been shipping stuff....
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 8 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

I did what all but a few "apologists" suggested...

Attached Image

Chris...I guess he didn't know that - I paid the $12 as well. Lesson learned - thanks.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Blue6
post Feb 9 2018, 12:23 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 16,470

Thank you Tony for outing him. It just so happened I was looking at the fog light switch he has listed. I'll steer clear as I believe he is guilty of more than indescision.
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Feb 9 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 9,961

Suspect someone contacted seller and said I'll give you $$$$ and he bit...
Also past history is only an indicator. Of future performance ...peopl have gone "south" on us .
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Feb 9 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #30

Jackstands are my life.

Seems to be going around as I just got this. Cops would call this ransom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
jmitro
post Feb 10 2018, 07:35 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 18,986
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Cracker @ Feb 8 2018, 09:01 PM) *

Geez, there is an "apologists" for nearly anything... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Tony

I'm not apologizing for anyone. What's bullshit is you posting your supposed injustice online and calling him all sorts of names. that's douchebag'ish.

oh wait, I forgot.....you're one of the good guys on this site. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

it's too bad BS like this spoils a generally good forum like 914 world.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Feb 10 2018, 08:31 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 9 2018, 02:36 PM) *

Seems to be going around as I just got this. Cops would call this ransom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)

Attached Image

Calculating shipping is always tricky, because ebay now makes you state it before you can list an auction, but there are variables where you can end up eating shipping.
Case in point, we sold some carbs this week, the guy was in the US, technically, so he qualified for the $25 shipping. Well, guess what, he was in Puerto Rico, so shipping was $50. We ate the $25. Normally when this happens we ship the item and tell the customer shipping was more and could they please pay the difference, no one ever has but it's worth a try, right? This guy did something strange, he acknowledged that PR is pricey to ship to, and send us half of the additional $25 back, so we got $12.50 back. It was better then nothing.
Bottom line, you eat shipping when you have to, and insurance is for you, not the buyer. Until it hits his hands it's your part, and if he doesn't get it, he gets a refund.
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Feb 10 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 9,961

That's why you say CONUS..........or lower 48. It covers your (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 10 2018, 06:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Feb 9 2018, 02:36 PM) *

Attached Image

Calculating shipping is always tricky, because ebay now makes you state it before you can list an auction, but there are variables where you can end up eating shipping.
Case in point, we sold some carbs this week, the guy was in the US, technically, so he qualified for the $25 shipping. Well, guess what, he was in Puerto Rico, so shipping was $50. We ate the $25. Normally when this happens we ship the item and tell the customer shipping was more and could they please pay the difference, no one ever has but it's worth a try, right? This guy did something strange, he acknowledged that PR is pricey to ship to, and send us half of the additional $25 back, so we got $12.50 back. It was better then nothing.
Bottom line, you eat shipping when you have to, and insurance is for you, not the buyer. Until it hits his hands it's your part, and if he doesn't get it, he gets a refund.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Feb 10 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 10 2018, 07:00 AM) *

That's why you say CONUS..........or lower 48. It covers your (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

You can write that in but they can still check out, and then you're stuck either eating it or refunding their money, or doing like the other guy and asking for more money for shipping. EBAY has really moved away from being the seller's friend.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 10 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #35

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

At least you're not out the cash. For giggles use the search and "Onion" in titles. You need to use posts 365 days ago and older. That guy was on FIRE! In the midst of full blown undiagnosed Grave's disease.
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Feb 10 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #36

Jackstands are my life.

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 10 2018, 06:31 AM) *

There is still a calculated shipping cost. I've always done it that way because the East coast costs double. I just don't earn the discount, which I don't sell enough to get anyways, and I doubt it's good enough to eat the $25.

I thought USPS was flat rate... I've shipped to a base in the UK at local rates.

Ebay has gotten Nobody friendly.
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 10 2018, 11:15 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Since this now a "shipping tutorial" (LOL!)...I paid the shipping as listed below as well as the extra $12 for insurance, per his request. Seems a bit steep to me but I am not concerned over a few bucks...

T

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914werke
post Feb 10 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #38

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 10 2018, 07:12 AM) *

EBAY has really moved away from being the seller's friend.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Feb 10 2018, 01:18 PM
Post #39

Jackstands are my life.

He probably discovered that the ebay & pp fees put his take under his minimum of $500, tried to make up for it, then said F it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

It took me over a year to sell 2 19" wheels because my take was only half the transaction price, which was a fair price to neither party.

Who wants to help me launch a replacement for ebay motors? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 10 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #40

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 10 2018, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 10 2018, 07:12 AM) *

EBAY has really moved away from being the seller's friend.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

A long time ago.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:56 PM