Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't (attempt to) Buy From DAVID HENRY...
bbrock
post Feb 10 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'll throw out a GOOD ebay story. A few months ago, I found a Hazet wrench to rebuild my toolkit at a reasonable price and ordered it. I soon got a message from the seller saying he couldn't find the wrench and was VERY apologetic. No big deal to me and I told him so, but that if he found it, I would be interested. We canceled the order and moved on. I waited about a week and then found another of the same wrench for a good price and bought it. A couple weeks later, the first seller messaged me to say he found the wrench and insisted on sending it to me for free. I tried to tell him it wasn't necessary, but he felt so bad, he insisted. Wouldn't even let me pay the postage. Wrench arrived and was in better condition than the one I bought. Bad part is, because no sale actually took place, there is no way to leave him positive feedback.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Feb 10 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 10 2018, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Feb 10 2018, 07:12 AM) *

EBAY has really moved away from being the seller's friend.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

There was once a time when ebay really went to bat for sellers, paypal too. I remember in the old old days we were in the top 1% of Paypal, so when we had a problem we had out very own problem solver. Those days are long long gone.
Power Seller for over a decade, no one cares.
Sold millions on ebay, no one cares.

Oh well, it's still the best game in town, you just have to know if the shiznit flies it's going to hit you.
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Feb 10 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #43

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) w Mark. EBay has long moved past it's original intention, offering private parties a way to get their best possible price via auction. When I joined in 1999, it was virtually picturelesss, relying mostly on description.

Seemed to peak in the mid 2k's to very early 2teens. Now, I rarely go there.

Other venues will serve better, eventually, hopefully. It's just that they have a solid international presence.

And yeah, it's all about the buyer. Like Mark said...
+Quote Post
Cracker
post Feb 10 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

Pretty damn ironic in this case...not in this case! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

T
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Feb 11 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #45

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I had a fellow on here sell me three 3 port fuel pumps for $20. When I received the package, I noticed he had paid $20.08 for shipping. I felt bad about this and promptly sent him another $20. He contacted me and told him I had mistakenly paid him twice and was concerned something might be wrong with my PayPal. I told him I saw what he had paid in postage and assured him the additional money was no mistake.

Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Looks like you mistakenly sent me $20 via paypal today? I received the $20 payment for the fuel pumps on December 13, 2017. Please confirm everything is safe with your paypal account and I will send it back.

Thanks,
Ross
It was no mistake, I sent it intentionally. I saw that you paid more than $20 to ship the pumps and could not let you lose money. Keep the $20 and thanks for the pumps. Sorry it took me so long to send it.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

That is very kind. Thank You.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 11 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #46

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 11 2018, 03:46 PM) *

I had a fellow on here sell me three 3 port fuel pumps for $20. When I received the package, I noticed he had paid $20.08 for shipping. I felt bad about this and promptly sent him another $20. He contacted me and told him I had mistakenly paid him twice and was concerned something might be wrong with my PayPal. I told him I saw what he had paid in postage and assured him the additional money was no mistake.

Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Looks like you mistakenly sent me $20 via paypal today? I received the $20 payment for the fuel pumps on December 13, 2017. Please confirm everything is safe with your paypal account and I will send it back.

Thanks,
Ross
It was no mistake, I sent it intentionally. I saw that you paid more than $20 to ship the pumps and could not let you lose money. Keep the $20 and thanks for the pumps. Sorry it took me so long to send it.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

That is very kind. Thank You.

I just sold some struts and underpriced shipping. Doesn't matter to me. This people on this site keeps giving me back WAY more than than I deserve.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:17 PM