Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> another layer off the onion, stinks just the same
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 08:27 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

well in the happy, happy... thread steve says he'll return my money upon return of the engine. he's making it impossible. he wanted ron to drop the engine at scott kline's house. i "said" fine, have the check ready. well scott has no intention of having the engine delivered at his house nor will he assume any responsibilty for it. understandibly so. steve had instructed ron to start disasembling the engine without my permission. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! NOT BEFORE HE HAS REFUNDED MY MONEY. WHEN HE OWNS THE ENGINE HE IS FREE TO DO WHAT EVER HE WANTS WITH IT!!

next, steve is given 3 options on tuesday of this week.

1. let me know he intends to go back on his word concerning the refund of my money for the return of the engine
2. go to riverside and pickup the engine. bring the check. he replied with "riverside is not costa mesa". fair enough.
3. contact ME with a convenient time for all parties, to facilitate the delivery to HIS house or another location. i told him not to contact ron directly but to inform me and i will contact ron. again, bring the check. ron has had enough and got sucked into this vortex. he's out of this mess. so i will have to make other plans, even if i have to fly down, rent a truck, and deliver it myself. stromberg needs to provde the info so i may make plans. get the check and have it ready!!! see, i don't think he has the money.

so.. it's now friday and i've heard nothing from him. NOTHING!!! as far as "you had 3 days...". forget that, everyone!! if you should have a comment... comment on what you witnessed as the engine was being loaded in the truck scott was driving. i presumed the engine was ready to go, as he stated. gee, the thought that i would have to go over the engine with a fine tooth comb while in camarillo just didn't occur to me. that's what trust will get you. the whole thing started to unravel over the intakes that at first his didn't have, and evolved into "i never said intakes were included". look again at the pictures in the happy, happy thread. he expected me to shoulder the burden of the return costs. well, that was avoided and the engine now rests in riverside. stromberg will not co-operate to get this piece of shit engine back to him. he's a skunk of the lowest order. buy from this punk at your own risk. i know of other peoples items he's fucked up. not my tales to tell.

k

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Jun 3 2005, 08:32 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

ummm, you did unblock his isp so he can contact, right?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #3

he can contact me perfectly via pm or email here. next question.

k
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 3 2005, 08:36 AM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

What did you expect from the guy who copied half of Jake website for his own site?

This should be the big chance Steve can show the 914 community that he is honest and for real. So far he has done exactly what he has done in the past...jack shit.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 08:52 AM
Post #5

as i stated, that wasn't my fight. i had no idea what all of the facts were. until someone gets their hands in my pocket i give them the benefit of the doubt. i've dealt with quite a few people with regards to part sales and even just passing small items along for free. in many cases i didn't ask for payment until they recieved the item and footed the shipping before i saw a penny. i wish a few of them would step forward and share their experiences. i'm a trusting person. appearently one of my biggest faults. the second biggest is my rage control. pretty ugly when it gets away from me.

k
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jun 3 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #6

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

Sorry to hear about your troubles Kevin, it sucks, really does. I hope you get things straightened around soon. I hate it when people don't do what they say they will. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jun 3 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #7

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

Well, we had Dr Sawsall step up to the plate and fessup he did wrong and now we can all just move forward, all is forgiven. But we still have the stench of the onion still wafting into our nostrils. This is getting a bit over the top Steve. Do the right thing and lets get it over with. There are better things in life than the onion field.
Appears to me Kevin has done his part. Now all we need is for you to do your part.
CCLINSINUSPROBLEMS
+Quote Post
Type 4
post Jun 3 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,866

Riverside is not Costa Mesa.
The engine has not been returned.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #9

what a tool (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) . . ah, one anonymous member, afraid to be out front? where and when? you know that everything has been done on my part to get this thing to you. got the check ready to go? ONCE AND FOR ALL!! place, time and date to wrap this up. right here, right now!!! COMMIT!!

k
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 09:51 AM
Post #10

now i get a pm directing me to read the return policy on type4's website. i told stromberg to put it out front. i'm at a loss as to what there is to question regarding this engine. it is exactly as it came to me. to include the ball of blue painters tape used to secure the plastic to the engine. i used duct tape to fasten the plastic. what's the problem? do you think i fucked up the flywheel? do you think i removed the plugs required for the air injection ports? do you think i sprayed the oil and dirt all over this engine? what could possibly be wrong with this engine for you to refuse delivery? where have you been for 4 days. get the check, i'll set up delivery, give it the same inspection that i could've made when it was in camarillo. in other words pull the plastic back and look at it. what is your business license #, state tax #, and the location of record for your business?

k
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 3 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #11

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Enough with the shit Steve. So Costa Mesa isn't Riverside. Go get the engine and return the money. For some reason you cannot see that this kind of conflict with a customer does you no good. The very people you are trying to sell to are watching this. Everyone who reads this thread will know you won't support your product. How can you possibly believe you can stay in business.

Why you would think you could pass off this POS I don't know. I was in Kevin's garage when he looked at it. POS may be too kind.

Dave
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 10:14 AM
Post #12

for the record... the cashiers check was issued to STEVE STROMBERG, a private individual. not type4 (the mystery co, i have no proof it even exists), his wife or any other name. strange that he jumps in and runs and hides. as you've seen dave, i have no idea where to take the engine. i can't just take it to some intersection in costa mesa and dump it off the truck.

k
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jun 3 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #13

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/hide.gif)

+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jun 3 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (Type 4 @ Jun 3 2005, 07:29 AM)
Riverside is not Costa Mesa.
The engine has not been returned.

And you and smart, or you and honest arent the same either.

Fix the problem you created and stop hiding behind the crap you have been peddling on this.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #15

see travis? always another jersey barrier to deflect responsibility is thown up. there's even more behind the scene. not my place to disclose.

k
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jun 3 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #16

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

I have no doubts there is more to the story. Steve should know that this will get uglier for him the longer he stalls.

Oh yeah, his claim that riverside is too far away.. Total Est. Distance: 45.15 miles Give me a break. Steve needs a bus pass or a punch in the head.
+Quote Post
d914
post Jun 3 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

dude your catching crap and ruining your name over 45miles???? Being not from California I looked it up!!! Take back the engine, fix it and re-sell, get on with life. Your loosing 3000 potential clients here minimum.......
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #18

as stated... delivery was ready to go. just not to steve's super secret location. he wanted it left AT SCOTT'S!! with no check for me. ron's had enough, and i don't blame him one bit. he's done more than i would have ever expected him to do, and i appreciate all his efforts. see... i was supposed to use a trucking co and spend a bunch of money to get the engine down there. well that didn't happen. too easy and a lack of bleeding on my part.

k
+Quote Post
gklinger
post Jun 3 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #19

doh!

Member No.: 146

It amazes me that here in this public forum, which comprises to a large extent Steve's customer base, he is still dicking around with making this right. I've never bought anything from him, and I can guarantee that I never will - now.

Too bad he's decided to follow the AA business model...
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 3 2005, 11:18 AM
Post #20

not like anybody should flood his type4 inbox with "make it right!!". his business is screwed anyway. there are a number of people who won't purchase from him now. i don't think it's a "real" company anyway.

k
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:37 PM