Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another layer off the onion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rhodyguy
well in the happy, happy... thread steve says he'll return my money upon return of the engine. he's making it impossible. he wanted ron to drop the engine at scott kline's house. i "said" fine, have the check ready. well scott has no intention of having the engine delivered at his house nor will he assume any responsibilty for it. understandibly so. steve had instructed ron to start disasembling the engine without my permission. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! NOT BEFORE HE HAS REFUNDED MY MONEY. WHEN HE OWNS THE ENGINE HE IS FREE TO DO WHAT EVER HE WANTS WITH IT!!

next, steve is given 3 options on tuesday of this week.

1. let me know he intends to go back on his word concerning the refund of my money for the return of the engine
2. go to riverside and pickup the engine. bring the check. he replied with "riverside is not costa mesa". fair enough.
3. contact ME with a convenient time for all parties, to facilitate the delivery to HIS house or another location. i told him not to contact ron directly but to inform me and i will contact ron. again, bring the check. ron has had enough and got sucked into this vortex. he's out of this mess. so i will have to make other plans, even if i have to fly down, rent a truck, and deliver it myself. stromberg needs to provde the info so i may make plans. get the check and have it ready!!! see, i don't think he has the money.

so.. it's now friday and i've heard nothing from him. NOTHING!!! as far as "you had 3 days...". forget that, everyone!! if you should have a comment... comment on what you witnessed as the engine was being loaded in the truck scott was driving. i presumed the engine was ready to go, as he stated. gee, the thought that i would have to go over the engine with a fine tooth comb while in camarillo just didn't occur to me. that's what trust will get you. the whole thing started to unravel over the intakes that at first his didn't have, and evolved into "i never said intakes were included". look again at the pictures in the happy, happy thread. he expected me to shoulder the burden of the return costs. well, that was avoided and the engine now rests in riverside. stromberg will not co-operate to get this piece of shit engine back to him. he's a skunk of the lowest order. buy from this punk at your own risk. i know of other peoples items he's fucked up. not my tales to tell.

k

markb
ummm, you did unblock his isp so he can contact, right?
rhodyguy
he can contact me perfectly via pm or email here. next question.

k
Bleyseng
What did you expect from the guy who copied half of Jake website for his own site?

This should be the big chance Steve can show the 914 community that he is honest and for real. So far he has done exactly what he has done in the past...jack shit.
rhodyguy
as i stated, that wasn't my fight. i had no idea what all of the facts were. until someone gets their hands in my pocket i give them the benefit of the doubt. i've dealt with quite a few people with regards to part sales and even just passing small items along for free. in many cases i didn't ask for payment until they recieved the item and footed the shipping before i saw a penny. i wish a few of them would step forward and share their experiences. i'm a trusting person. appearently one of my biggest faults. the second biggest is my rage control. pretty ugly when it gets away from me.

k
Root_Werks
Sorry to hear about your troubles Kevin, it sucks, really does. I hope you get things straightened around soon. I hate it when people don't do what they say they will. headbang.gif
boxstr
Well, we had Dr Sawsall step up to the plate and fessup he did wrong and now we can all just move forward, all is forgiven. But we still have the stench of the onion still wafting into our nostrils. This is getting a bit over the top Steve. Do the right thing and lets get it over with. There are better things in life than the onion field.
Appears to me Kevin has done his part. Now all we need is for you to do your part.
CCLINSINUSPROBLEMS
Type 4
Riverside is not Costa Mesa.
The engine has not been returned.
rhodyguy
what a tool rolleyes.gif . . ah, one anonymous member, afraid to be out front? where and when? you know that everything has been done on my part to get this thing to you. got the check ready to go? ONCE AND FOR ALL!! place, time and date to wrap this up. right here, right now!!! COMMIT!!

k
rhodyguy
now i get a pm directing me to read the return policy on type4's website. i told stromberg to put it out front. i'm at a loss as to what there is to question regarding this engine. it is exactly as it came to me. to include the ball of blue painters tape used to secure the plastic to the engine. i used duct tape to fasten the plastic. what's the problem? do you think i fucked up the flywheel? do you think i removed the plugs required for the air injection ports? do you think i sprayed the oil and dirt all over this engine? what could possibly be wrong with this engine for you to refuse delivery? where have you been for 4 days. get the check, i'll set up delivery, give it the same inspection that i could've made when it was in camarillo. in other words pull the plastic back and look at it. what is your business license #, state tax #, and the location of record for your business?

k
DNHunt
Enough with the shit Steve. So Costa Mesa isn't Riverside. Go get the engine and return the money. For some reason you cannot see that this kind of conflict with a customer does you no good. The very people you are trying to sell to are watching this. Everyone who reads this thread will know you won't support your product. How can you possibly believe you can stay in business.

Why you would think you could pass off this POS I don't know. I was in Kevin's garage when he looked at it. POS may be too kind.

Dave
rhodyguy
for the record... the cashiers check was issued to STEVE STROMBERG, a private individual. not type4 (the mystery co, i have no proof it even exists), his wife or any other name. strange that he jumps in and runs and hides. as you've seen dave, i have no idea where to take the engine. i can't just take it to some intersection in costa mesa and dump it off the truck.

k
Aaron Cox
hide.gif

TravisNeff
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Jun 3 2005, 07:29 AM)

And you and smart, or you and honest arent the same either.

Fix the problem you created and stop hiding behind the crap you have been peddling on this.
rhodyguy
see travis? always another jersey barrier to deflect responsibility is thown up. there's even more behind the scene. not my place to disclose.

k
TravisNeff
I have no doubts there is more to the story. Steve should know that this will get uglier for him the longer he stalls.

Oh yeah, his claim that riverside is too far away.. Total Est. Distance: 45.15 miles Give me a break. Steve needs a bus pass or a punch in the head.
d914
dude your catching crap and ruining your name over 45miles???? Being not from California I looked it up!!! Take back the engine, fix it and re-sell, get on with life. Your loosing 3000 potential clients here minimum.......
rhodyguy
as stated... delivery was ready to go. just not to steve's super secret location. he wanted it left AT SCOTT'S!! with no check for me. ron's had enough, and i don't blame him one bit. he's done more than i would have ever expected him to do, and i appreciate all his efforts. see... i was supposed to use a trucking co and spend a bunch of money to get the engine down there. well that didn't happen. too easy and a lack of bleeding on my part.

k
gklinger
It amazes me that here in this public forum, which comprises to a large extent Steve's customer base, he is still dicking around with making this right. I've never bought anything from him, and I can guarantee that I never will - now.

Too bad he's decided to follow the AA business model...
rhodyguy
not like anybody should flood his type4 inbox with "make it right!!". his business is screwed anyway. there are a number of people who won't purchase from him now. i don't think it's a "real" company anyway.

k
william harris
I have conducted an investigation of the business practices of Mr. Stromberg for another "interested party." No records with the California Secretary of State for any corporation doing business as Type Four Parts. URL is registered to his "home" address at 2609 Redlands Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. Property and phone number at that location (949 650-7366) belong to Judy Ely (on information and belief, his wife). I wonder what location is shown in the pictures on the "Type 4" website - full machine shop, etc.? Can't be at "his" house. Unfortunately the entire 914 community can see the kind of business practices associated with this individual. Good luck with your problem. Everyone - take note of what happens here. This type of thing is getting out of hand with a couple of vendors.
SLITS
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Jun 3 2005, 08:29 AM)

Steve....as I told you, I will deliver the engine when you tell me that you have the requested Cashier's Check to hand to me upon delivery or that Kevin has the check in his hand and he tells me. I do not want remuneration for any of my involvement, period. The engine will stay in our alarmed, video secured warehouse until such time as I am directed by the owner to release it.

I am involved in this as the transportation guy to solve a problem...nothing more, nothing less. I was happy to help "non-club" club members get a confilict resolved and still am. It hasn't cost you shit and it hasn't cost Kevin other than his gas to place the engine in the hands of our facility for shipment.

If I could sell the engine for what you charged Kevin and mail him the money, I would to alleviate this bullshit.

nebreitling
c'mon steve. write the fucking check already.
rhodyguy
OH, COME ON!!... it can't be that simple ron rolleyes.gif . thanks for all you've done to help me.

k
ChrisReale
Fuck it, I will never do business with somebody like this. I wont even do business with somebody who did business with him. Hell, I cant even talk to Kevin anymore laugh.gif (just kidding Kevin)

Steve, I hope this was worth it, because you just slathered your name and your business with a healthy coating of runny puppy poop. This is a text book case of honesty is the best policy. To me Steve is a thief, a worthless SOB
Bleyseng
OUCH! ohmy.gif
rhodyguy
my worst nightmare would be being trapped on a houseboat with him for a week. funny things come to mind... he wanted howard to waive the entrance fee to the 06' because all he wanted was to hang out for the track day and had no interest in the "social" thing. i wish i could have seen the "conversation" between him and john. if i knew what i know now, i would have paid stromberg's entrance fee.

k
messix
UNBELIEVALBE!

i cant believe that some people think that in this very small comunity they can conduct business this way.

no one who see's or hear's of this thread will ever buy from you again.

the people who know you personally i'm sure are embarrassed and ashamed of your conduct. your getting very close to the point of no return for redeeming your self.

do the right thing and save what little integrity you have left.
Bleyseng
slap.gif alfred.gif alfred.gif alfred.gif
GaroldShaffer
Nothing really to add other than to let Steve (aka type4parts) know that I have added him to my never do business with list which includes Parts Werks, AA, Reeders Amoco, Menards, and now him.

Have a nice day dry.gif
914RSR
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Jun 3 2005, 07:29 AM)

45 miles? i'm sure you're driving further than that just to get the crack you're obviously smoking ... wacko.gif

you should be bending over backwards to make this deal right, instead you treat your customer like shit.

in front of the whole 914 community no less ...
bravo! clap.gif
meares
i've got a story for you guys as well....i'm just waiting for my 90 day guarantee to end before i release the flood gates!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's burning me to sit on it!!
merrill
Sorry is the best we can say to K. Then many thanks, however it is unfortunately at his expense. Thanks for informing us of the practices of someone that would try to illicit our business. I have dealt with 3 different vendors through this club with GREAT satis faction. Thanks to those with integrity smilie_pokal.gif

Shit on those without mad.gif finger.gif finger.gif
rhodyguy
here's the truth. direct quote.

"Kevin
You own that engine.

I'm not going to give you a nickle.

It was a private party transaction as is where is.

If you didnt want it you should not have taken delivery.

It was sold as is where is no warranty expressed or implied as a private party sale.

We are done."

WOW!! ohmy.gif my, my how the script changes with every scene. where are all of the defenders of stromberg after this revelation? if exsposing you for the fat, fucking, liar you are is the only satisfaction i get at this time, so be it. if you think i'm done with you for one minute, you just keep on trucking. got the address and phone number now. you're not running a chop shop are you? idea.gif . a hard rains agonna fall.

k

We NOT are done.
Mueller
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2005, 11:46 AM)
got the address and phone number now. you're not running a chop shop are you? idea.gif . a hard rains

just don't do anything stupid, keep it legal please smile.gif

not sure how you go about suing form out of state, but that would be your smartest recourse....I have nothing else to say since I don't know nothing about anything wacko.gif
double-a
ohmy.gif

memo to self: never never never never never make kevin mad. biggrin.gif

~a
BMartin914
Time to litigate? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
he has nothing to take, as i was told by a former employer. his wife owns the house and the phone is in her name. she prob won't give him the money to make good on the engine. the business is a phantom. drop ship, pure and simple.

k
rhodyguy
and what ever you do, don't send emails concerning this matter to type4parts.com@surf.co.nz, and don't throw me in the brier patch either. wink.gif

k
nebreitling
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2005, 10:46 AM)

"Kevin
You own that engine.

It was sold as is where is no warranty expressed or implied as a private party sale.

We are done."

kevin, did he just write you this today?
rhodyguy
yes nate, @11:20am, today. biggrin.gif . too much.

k
smrz914

"Kevin
You own that engine.

We are done."

Didn't he send you something referencing the return policy on his website? And now he says it's a private party sale? I find that strange. He also said that you could return it, not sure under what conditions but I see that has changed too.

I'm not going to buy from this guy.
Root_Werks
ohmy.gif Wow, what a mess Kevin. Looks like you got screwed on this one. Ouch, $1900 is a hard screw to take too. sad.gif
rhodyguy
and you think you're confused paul? it's been like this from day one for me. let me know when you sort it out.

k
Eric_Shea
not sure how you go about suing form out of state, but that would be your smartest recourse....

I do. I called the State of California when I bought my original RS flares. The guy never shipped them. I filled out the small claims forms and had him served. I drove to San B. (Yuciapa) and went to court. Asshole never showed so I won. What did I win? Nothing. I figured that out right then and there. I got my Palm Pilot out and looked up his address (I knew I had to be close). Drove up to his house and picked up my flares.

(forgot to inform the proper athorities that I got my goods... I sure hope he doesn't get pulled over for a traffic violation anytime soon.)

Kevin... I haven't been following this but I'm sure this community will pitch together and make it right for you and worse for Steve. Sounds like he got his graduate degree from the George (Hustler) Hussey Charm School.
messix
i just look up his web site. it looks like a ghost shop to me.

that machine shop way to big bucks for some one that wont even put a shipping or mailing address on the web site. at least raby admits his shop is at his house with no pretenses of being some high tech able to build anything full service shop.

his is ruining his own name. every one spred this experience to others, all boards and fourms.

TravisNeff
Wow Steve, you prove beyond your own reputation.

Why put Kevin through the time, expense and hassle of "return the engine to me", when you fully intended to sluff him off. Sure Ron stepped in and got the engine shipped - but that did cost someone something. Now once the friggen thing is over a 1k miles away you pull this, "there's no warranty" garbage.

So he is at the point of having to pay again to get it home, or have the hassle of having someone brokering your turd to recoup the some of the loss.

Best wishes Type4, your going to need it if you intend to stay in your crooked profession.
messix
does anyone have any pictures of steve to post

so people can recognize him in the future. place a face with the crime
Toast
Ron was going to drive it to Scotts in COSTA MESA, after he footed the bill to have it shipped to Riverside. huh.gif

According to Mapquest, Costa Mesa to Costa Mesa = 0 miles!

Kevin, I'm sending you a pm about a pm.
Tom Perso
Stromberg has been run off every list I've been on. He's a crook - no doubt about it. I never thought about buying from him... But after seeing his 2270 motors, it makes me scared to think that people actually buy them... Ouch. I know how much they cost to build. He's waaay under. Where's the cost cutting?

Oh, and those POS road-dune buggies are best.

ar15.gif icon8.gif

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.