Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Car and Driver Article, 914 2.0 for $100k?
mmascari
post Feb 24 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,850
Region Association: None

https://blog.caranddriver.com/if-any-porsch...ark-this-is-it/
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dcheek
post Feb 25 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,103

In my opinion this sale is going to set the bar for 4 cylinder 914's moving forward. The fact that there has been so much chatter on the internet and publications is fueling the fire. I guess you could chalk that up to good marketing on the part of Gooding, or that low mileage original 914's are really rare. Either way I think we are going to see a record here.

This car has a lot going for it; color, mileage and being a 2 liter are just a few. Doesn't hurt to throw the Brumos name in there even though it has no racing history. Add that Gooding attracts the high rollers and a BIG Porsche turnout at Amelia, and you have the perfect storm to blow away the numbers.

Again IMHO.

Dave

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Cal
post Feb 25 2018, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,138
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(dcheek @ Feb 25 2018, 05:00 PM) *

In my opinion this sale is going to set the bar for 4 cylinder 914's moving forward. The fact that there has been so much chatter on the internet and publications is fueling the fire. I guess you could chalk that up to good marketing on the part of Gooding, or that low mileage original 914's are really rare. Either way I think we are going to see a record here.

This car has a lot going for it; color, mileage and being a 2 liter are just a few. Doesn't hurt to throw the Brumos name in there even though it has no racing history. Add that Gooding attracts the high rollers and a BIG Porsche turnout at Amelia, and you have the perfect storm to blow away the numbers.

Again IMHO.

Dave

I agree.....this should bring big money from a collector. It's interesting to see how the values are climbing for high end cars....here's what hagerty values a '74 2.0L.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Feb 25 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #4

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 25 2018, 03:47 PM) *

Again IMHO.

Dave

I agree.....this should bring big money from a collector. It's interesting to see how the values are climbing for high end cars....here's what hagerty values a '74 2.0L.

Holy Shiz, when did that happen??? The #1 Concours '73 & '74 2.0 cars were $34K 60 days ago. I guess these are considered real Porsches now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
dcheek
post Feb 26 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,103

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Feb 25 2018, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 25 2018, 03:47 PM) *

Again IMHO.

Dave

Holy Shiz, when did that happen??? The #1 Concours '73 & '74 2.0 cars were $34K 60 days ago. I guess these are considered real Porsches now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

What happened? What's happening is that people are waking up and realizing what a wonderful sports car it is. It's long overdue.

Dave
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:05 PM