Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seat cushions, Interior
Chip
post Feb 26 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,986
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Where can I send my seat cushions to be redone?
From a '73 914 1.8. They are the basketweave vinyl.
Thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
Tom_T
post Feb 26 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Autos International in Fallbrook CA & World Upholstery in Ventura CA both do 914 interiors, or there may be a local upholstery shop nearer you in UT who does 914s & other Porsches (ask Eric Shea at PMB - member vendor on here who's in Sandy UT).

AI & WU both also sell the 914 kits & bulk fabric for the 914s - as well as do 914 Rubber in OR & Lakewell.com in Europe, if your local shop doesn't have the correct material.

However, you may not get a great match if mixing original smooth & basketweave leatherette - especially if your interior is Beige (Tan) or Brown. Both of those are vey hard to find the proper 73 basketweave, but Lakewell had them (I got the Beige for my entire interior redo from Lakewell a coouple of years ago).

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Chip
post Aug 25 2018, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 20,986
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 26 2018, 03:39 PM) *

Autos International in Fallbrook CA & World Upholstery in Ventura CA both do 914 interiors, or there may be a local upholstery shop nearer you in UT who does 914s & other Porsches (ask Eric Shea at PMB - member vendor on here who's in Sandy UT).

AI & WU both also sell the 914 kits & bulk fabric for the 914s - as well as do 914 Rubber in OR & Lakewell.com in Europe, if your local shop doesn't have the correct material.

However, you may not get a great match if mixing original smooth & basketweave leatherette - especially if your interior is Beige (Tan) or Brown. Both of those are vey hard to find the proper 73 basketweave, but Lakewell had them (I got the Beige for my entire interior redo from Lakewell a coouple of years ago).

Good Luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

A belated thanks to you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 25 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #4

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

the seat cushions are actually not bad to redo. Pull up a few staples and have a look. You may want to do them yourself. The "tuck" is the only tricky part.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:10 AM