Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat cushions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chip
Where can I send my seat cushions to be redone?
From a '73 914 1.8. They are the basketweave vinyl.
Thank you
Tom_T
Autos International in Fallbrook CA & World Upholstery in Ventura CA both do 914 interiors, or there may be a local upholstery shop nearer you in UT who does 914s & other Porsches (ask Eric Shea at PMB - member vendor on here who's in Sandy UT).

AI & WU both also sell the 914 kits & bulk fabric for the 914s - as well as do 914 Rubber in OR & Lakewell.com in Europe, if your local shop doesn't have the correct material.

However, you may not get a great match if mixing original smooth & basketweave leatherette - especially if your interior is Beige (Tan) or Brown. Both of those are vey hard to find the proper 73 basketweave, but Lakewell had them (I got the Beige for my entire interior redo from Lakewell a coouple of years ago).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Chip
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 26 2018, 03:39 PM) *

Autos International in Fallbrook CA & World Upholstery in Ventura CA both do 914 interiors, or there may be a local upholstery shop nearer you in UT who does 914s & other Porsches (ask Eric Shea at PMB - member vendor on here who's in Sandy UT).

AI & WU both also sell the 914 kits & bulk fabric for the 914s - as well as do 914 Rubber in OR & Lakewell.com in Europe, if your local shop doesn't have the correct material.

However, you may not get a great match if mixing original smooth & basketweave leatherette - especially if your interior is Beige (Tan) or Brown. Both of those are vey hard to find the proper 73 basketweave, but Lakewell had them (I got the Beige for my entire interior redo from Lakewell a coouple of years ago).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

A belated thanks to you! sunglasses.gif
Mikey914
the seat cushions are actually not bad to redo. Pull up a few staples and have a look. You may want to do them yourself. The "tuck" is the only tricky part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.