Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What does it spell?
Jenny
post Jul 10 2003, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

So Brian's out in the yard admiring his newly aquired crotch rocket when he hears a car pull up to where we always park. Car stops, two doors open and then close, and he hears crunching gravel as they walk. Stop.

"What does that say? Spell it out!"

"P-O-R-S-C-H---"

"That's right. Porsche. I told you, you dipshit!"

Car doors open, close, and car drives off.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)

Had to share that with everyone. I wonder how often we get the same reaction without ever knowing it.

Jen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Joe Bob
post Jul 10 2003, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Sounds like someone put a Porsche sticker on the Yugo again.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 10 2003, 01:37 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

I dont get it.

They didnt know what the bike was ?? or where they looking at your Orange car ??

Did Brian trade in the Harley with low mileage ??

B
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Jul 10 2003, 01:46 PM
Post #4

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

I get similar stuff all the time. I usually get 2 responses:

1. "Wow... cool car.... I haven't seen one of those in years"

2. "What the hell kinda car is that?"

Seriously...... I think there are no more than 4 (running) 914s in the Saint Louis area. I drive ALL over the3 place... and I NEVER see one, even at car shows.

For example, I went to a HUGE (300 + cars) car show this weekend. There was a guy with a 917 (kit car), but not a single 914..... except mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Jul 10 2003, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Seriously...... I think there are no more than 4 (running) 914s in the Saint Louis area. I drive ALL over the3 place... and I NEVER see one, even at car shows.

For example, I went to a HUGE (300 + cars) car show this weekend. There was a guy with a 917 (kit car), but not a single 914..... except mine

You'd think in Los Angeles you'd see more 914s, but you don't. I rarely see other 914s on the road. In fact, since i have had mine for about 8 months and seen 2 other 914 while driving. I have 3 others while driving with the family in the minivan (one twice - a red 914 in Marina Del Rey with big fender flares), but that doesn't count!

I am getting to the point where I hate new cars. They are so boring. I drive the freeways looking for interesting cars and it seems so rare that I see them. Anything unique. I saw an original Mini a few weeks ago, a 65 T-bird coupe (sweet), a 356 B, a Lotus Esprit (late 70-early 80s) but other than that, everything else looks the same.

Boring!

- Joe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jul 10 2003, 02:20 PM
Post #6

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

joe,

I used to see a couple driving to work (Redondo to Hollywood). The one that sticks out is a pretty good looking black -4 with a ski rack on it driven by a girl, chic, woman...

I saw them quite frequently, but I hung around a P-car repair guy.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
scotty
post Jul 10 2003, 02:50 PM
Post #7

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

I only saw other 914's on the road when mine wasn't running.... ("Please, Honey! Let me buy the part!")
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jul 10 2003, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

KaptKaos~ I see at least 1 914 on either the 101 or the 405 every time I go down to LA. Just about as many as I see in the bay area, IMHO.

Brad~ Brian was on the INSIDE of the fence, listening to these teenagers looking at my car on the OUTSIDE of the fence. Brian sold the harley for $200 less than what he bought it for over a year ago.

Jen
+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Jul 10 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #9

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Member No.: 779

Nope..... not here in Saint Louis. Wanna hear a funny story?

My last 914...... (72 Tangerine, 1.7, Webers)...... The damn thing would just shut OFF while driving....... complete electrical failure.

Before I drove it off a cliff, I called around to find someone who could troubleshoot the electrical problem for me.

Got turned down 11 times before I finally found a shop that would look at it. They all said "Don't bring that damn thing here, we don't have the books on it, and most of the folks here haven't even seen one before"

This is INCLUDING BOTH THE PORSCHE AND VOLKWAGEN DEALERSHIPS.

Scary huh?
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jul 10 2003, 04:40 PM
Post #10

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

two more responses:

" I had one of those in college"

" My best friend used to have one of those"

Here's the best ever. In a car wash one day an older lady lady says " I've been thinking of buying one of those". After a moment of puzzlement I responded " they are getting hard to find". Her reply was " I saw a brand new yesterday at the Mazda dealership!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jul 10 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #11

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

There are more than 10 here in Santa Barbara....at least three are original sixes.....
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jul 10 2003, 04:49 PM
Post #12

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

or "cool car" kid at gas station, next breath "What is it?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jul 10 2003, 04:55 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I was chatting with a middle aged woman who was driving a sweet looking datsun Z at a rest stop. Told her I had a 914. She said she had one of those back in the 80's. "Oh, those cars were a lot of fun! I used to have one. Turns and handles great! I had the 2.8Ltr motor!"

That's nice! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post
mikester
post Jul 10 2003, 05:31 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 837

There's quite a few around here in Socal.

ANd no, I'm not talking about the ones parked at Ottos. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

There's one that a friend of mine drives that he's had since he bought it in '71, black on black 1.7. There's another black one I always see just parked way up on 14th near Arizona I think...

There's another one that drives by either real early or real late once in a while that doesn't seem to have mufflers. I always hear him coming and going and he's loud as all get out. There's mine, there's yours....

I work down in Orange and I've seen a yellow one on occasion on the way home on the 405 and there's a Blue one over there I saw that looked damn near new. There's another in Long Beach that's that purple color, he's got it all cherry'd out too.

It's cool to see so many so often.
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 10 2003, 06:34 PM
Post #15

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

In the 4 years I have owned 914's here in SE Mich. I have seen another one on the road exactly twice. This doesn't include our SE Mich 914 owners group get-togethers, of course, when I've seen about 20 all at one time.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jul 10 2003, 06:35 PM
Post #16

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

My local Sunoco gas station is the one just before the Mosport racetrack. As I was filling up the gas girl says to me "thats the first Porsche I like the looks of...all the rest I've seen look squished bugs".

I've never seen another 914 on the road, I've seen a bunch of them parked at Mike's 914 (local shop) and at Alex's shop, there was a couple I've seen in peoples driveways as well, but that's about it.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Jul 10 2003, 07:13 PM
Post #17

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Most people who don't know what it is start off with Fiat, and it gets worse from there.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Two unshaven freaks almost as scary as myself get out of their truck at the store, and one guy starts whooping, and the other guy goes, "Yep, just like that one! I used to have one of them things, just like that one!".

He then goes on to tell the story about how it would do 180mph.

Good luck fellas!

M
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jul 10 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #18

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

redshift, mabey those were the guys who jumped the causeway bridge in Florida? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
PatW
post Jul 10 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #19

Wassup?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

Last month while waiting to make a left turn on Blossom Hill on a early Sunday morning. (San Jose)
A crazy lady slowed down and waved and honked her horn. No reason. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Kinda looked like Jenny maybe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Or its usually a drunk f*ck that says "these cars rock!" Or "can I find one of these at a dealership?"

Pat
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jul 10 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PatW @ Jul 10 2003, 09:06 PM)
A crazy lady slowed down and waved and honked her horn. No reason. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Kinda looked like Jenny maybe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Ouch, that hurts. I'm starting to get "lady" and "m'am," but not "crazy lady." My mode of transportation is a white chevy silverado extended cab. Come to think of it, I proally do look a bit crazy driving that thing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/calvin.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:44 AM