Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> -4 Exhaust tip
Rob-O
post Mar 8 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

I put a new Dansk muffler on my car awhile back. The exhaust tip is the stock type, just painted a grey primer color. I’d really like to get a chrome tip with a rolled edge like the stock -6 had but haven’t found one that fits my 1.8L muffler size. Has anybody found a tip that fits and has the rolled lip? The -4 tip comes straight out of the back of the valance, unlike the -6 which has an angle to it. Not trying to pass of the car as a 6 or confuse anyone as to what engine is in the car. Just trying to give a finished look to the exhaust. Pick below...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Mar 8 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 8 2018, 11:01 AM) *

I put a new Dansk muffler on my car awhile back. The exhaust tip is the stock type, just painted a grey primer color. I’d really like to get a chrome tip with a rolled edge like the stock -6 had but haven’t found one that fits my 1.8L muffler size. Has anybody found a tip that fits and has the rolled lip? The -4 tip comes straight out of the back of the valance, unlike the -6 which has an angle to it. Not trying to pass of the car as a 6 or confuse anyone as to what engine is in the car. Just trying to give a finished look to the exhaust. Pick below...

You can buy them from FLAPs.

FWIW...my new TRIAD....probably one of the last ones he made...I asked him to put them on.

I didn.t like the way it looked so I painted the tips black.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 8 2018, 03:52 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Hey Rob,

They actually had a factory option/accessory 914/4 chrome tip too for the 1.7/1.8 & 2.0 (14s, & IIRC it's still shown in that 914 PET Parts Manual that you can download from the Porsche website, Classics section, under Documents.

You might try searching for the `60's 912 or 356 B/C Chrome Tip, since it's diameter is close to the 1.7/1.8/2.0 914/4's. IIRC the 912 ones may all be the early squared-off rolled tip - rather than round rolled.

Check with SMC & Stoddards, in addition to Sunset Porsche & Sunrise Porsche onlune parts departments.

Measure the diameter of your tailpipe section & have it on hand before you call or go online with the vendors, because they'll be measuring which non-914 tip is closest fit to yours.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 07:57 PM