Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -4 Exhaust tip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
I put a new Dansk muffler on my car awhile back. The exhaust tip is the stock type, just painted a grey primer color. I’d really like to get a chrome tip with a rolled edge like the stock -6 had but haven’t found one that fits my 1.8L muffler size. Has anybody found a tip that fits and has the rolled lip? The -4 tip comes straight out of the back of the valance, unlike the -6 which has an angle to it. Not trying to pass of the car as a 6 or confuse anyone as to what engine is in the car. Just trying to give a finished look to the exhaust. Pick below...
914_teener
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Mar 8 2018, 11:01 AM) *

I put a new Dansk muffler on my car awhile back. The exhaust tip is the stock type, just painted a grey primer color. I’d really like to get a chrome tip with a rolled edge like the stock -6 had but haven’t found one that fits my 1.8L muffler size. Has anybody found a tip that fits and has the rolled lip? The -4 tip comes straight out of the back of the valance, unlike the -6 which has an angle to it. Not trying to pass of the car as a 6 or confuse anyone as to what engine is in the car. Just trying to give a finished look to the exhaust. Pick below...

You can buy them from FLAPs.

FWIW...my new TRIAD....probably one of the last ones he made...I asked him to put them on.

I didn.t like the way it looked so I painted the tips black.
Tom_T
Hey Rob,

They actually had a factory option/accessory 914/4 chrome tip too for the 1.7/1.8 & 2.0 (14s, & IIRC it's still shown in that 914 PET Parts Manual that you can download from the Porsche website, Classics section, under Documents.

You might try searching for the `60's 912 or 356 B/C Chrome Tip, since it's diameter is close to the 1.7/1.8/2.0 914/4's. IIRC the 912 ones may all be the early squared-off rolled tip - rather than round rolled.

Check with SMC & Stoddards, in addition to Sunset Porsche & Sunrise Porsche onlune parts departments.

Measure the diameter of your tailpipe section & have it on hand before you call or go online with the vendors, because they'll be measuring which non-914 tip is closest fit to yours.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.