Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seat belt bolts, Which ones have collars
Mowog4
post Mar 8 2018, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,325
Region Association: None

I am putting a set of seat belts in I purchased from seatbelt planet and I have a question on the receiver which bolts to the tunnel. Do they use shouldered bolts? All the shouldered bolts I have are a larger diameter, not sure if I should have them turned down or find different bolts.
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Mar 9 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Mar 8 2018, 11:53 PM) *

I am putting a set of seat belts in I purchased from seatbelt planet and I have a question on the receiver which bolts to the tunnel. Do they use shouldered bolts? All the shouldered bolts I have are a larger diameter, not sure if I should have them turned down or find different bolts.
Thanks

Make contact with the supplier.
Are the holes in the new belt hardware too small ?
Serious issue
+Quote Post
76-914
post Mar 9 2018, 10:06 AM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Don't know either but I'll be doing this as well in 8-10 days. I did ask Mike @ Seat Belt Planet about their hardware kit. He said theirs were 1/2" x 27thd bolts. No metric bolts were available from them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
theer
post Mar 9 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

I'm not sure about the shoulder-bolt question, but the bolt size has been discussed at length here over the years.

The seat belt bolts are US sized 7/16-20 (apparently a US standard size required by law on all cars). They are not metric, although apparently an 11mm x 1.25 bolt is close enough that it also works.

+Quote Post
jmitro
post Mar 9 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,986

I just installed their seat belts this past weekend. Yes, the receptacle hole is too small by about 1/16" and I had to drill it out. OTOH you could use as is if you want the receptacle rigidly fixed in place.

I emailed Mike at seatbelt planet and he said they were unaware but would make note for the future
+Quote Post
Mowog4
post Mar 9 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 19,325

QUOTE(jmitro @ Mar 9 2018, 08:39 AM) *

I just installed their seat belts this past weekend. Yes, the receptacle hole is too small by about 1/16" and I had to drill it out. OTOH you could use as is if you want the receptacle rigidly fixed in place.

I emailed Mike at seatbelt planet and he said they were unaware but would make note for the future

I think I am going to get the shoulder machined down to fit the hole, I thinkk that will allow the movement while retaining the strength.
+Quote Post
warpig
post Mar 9 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,002
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I went through this same process last week. I contacted them and the guy told me they only have one size hole and if you want a different size it will need to be drilled out. Not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things. Just have to go buy the right size drill bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
The customer service seemed good at seatbelt planet. I had called about another issue and after a little esplaining, a new set is on the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Hopefully in time for my first DE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:49 PM