Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat belt bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I am putting a set of seat belts in I purchased from seatbelt planet and I have a question on the receiver which bolts to the tunnel. Do they use shouldered bolts? All the shouldered bolts I have are a larger diameter, not sure if I should have them turned down or find different bolts.
Thanks
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Mar 8 2018, 11:53 PM) *

I am putting a set of seat belts in I purchased from seatbelt planet and I have a question on the receiver which bolts to the tunnel. Do they use shouldered bolts? All the shouldered bolts I have are a larger diameter, not sure if I should have them turned down or find different bolts.
Thanks

Make contact with the supplier.
Are the holes in the new belt hardware too small ?
Serious issue
76-914
Don't know either but I'll be doing this as well in 8-10 days. I did ask Mike @ Seat Belt Planet about their hardware kit. He said theirs were 1/2" x 27thd bolts. No metric bolts were available from them. beerchug.gif
theer
I'm not sure about the shoulder-bolt question, but the bolt size has been discussed at length here over the years.

The seat belt bolts are US sized 7/16-20 (apparently a US standard size required by law on all cars). They are not metric, although apparently an 11mm x 1.25 bolt is close enough that it also works.

jmitro
I just installed their seat belts this past weekend. Yes, the receptacle hole is too small by about 1/16" and I had to drill it out. OTOH you could use as is if you want the receptacle rigidly fixed in place.

I emailed Mike at seatbelt planet and he said they were unaware but would make note for the future
Mowog4
QUOTE(jmitro @ Mar 9 2018, 08:39 AM) *

I just installed their seat belts this past weekend. Yes, the receptacle hole is too small by about 1/16" and I had to drill it out. OTOH you could use as is if you want the receptacle rigidly fixed in place.

I emailed Mike at seatbelt planet and he said they were unaware but would make note for the future

I think I am going to get the shoulder machined down to fit the hole, I thinkk that will allow the movement while retaining the strength.
warpig
I went through this same process last week. I contacted them and the guy told me they only have one size hole and if you want a different size it will need to be drilled out. Not that big of a deal in the larger scheme of things. Just have to go buy the right size drill bit. dry.gif
The customer service seemed good at seatbelt planet. I had called about another issue and after a little esplaining, a new set is on the way. piratenanner.gif Hopefully in time for my first DE popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.