Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hershey Swap Meet, Who’s going and where are you guys lodging?
mepstein
post Mar 22 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #21

914-6 GT in waiting

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 22 2018, 05:56 PM) *

So do I have this right?

$25.00 Entrance fee.
$25.00 Porsche only parking area.
$10.00 Register for "Peoples Choice" (must be in Porsche Parking Area)

Do you pay all this when you drive up? Or pay for the Porsche Parking and Peoples Choice at another place/time

When you drive up.
• Porsche Corral $25/car on top of $25 gate fee
No Pre-reg required to sell your car
You can even purchase vendor spots the day of but they add a $25 township charge and maybe something else.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Mar 22 2018, 04:16 PM
Post #22

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

In the past you paid for the People's Choice after you parked in the reserved spots. They generally divide the parking into sections, and we go to the mid-engine parking area (there may be a "teener convoy" to go over as a group as in past years). In the parking lot there's a trailer where they will take your cash, give you the gift bag, and provide you a registration placard for the People's Choice judging.

There. I've used the term "placard" today.
+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post Mar 22 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

Teener Convoy sounds interesting.......

Where do you assemble for this?
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 10 2018, 04:45 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Because of a couple of fairly expensive vacations we're taking this year, Linda and I won't be attending Hershey this year. I will miss hanging out with the guys and checking out the numerous stunning cars and vendors. But if I were attending, I would not enter the show and I would probably ask others not to. After years of increasing 914 entries, a show separate category for 914's must be implemented. For the PA PCA to group Boxsters and Caymans into the 914 group is absurd. They don't do it with rear or front engine Porsches, so why do it here? I think the 914 stigma still exists with the PA PCA and to also allow brand new Boxsters and Caymans to enter the show seems as dumb as the people who would vote for these cars.
+Quote Post
rgolia
post Apr 10 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #25

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 10 2018, 06:45 AM) *

Because of a couple of fairly expensive vacations we're taking this year, Linda and I won't be attending Hershey this year. I will miss hanging out with the guys and checking out the numerous stunning cars and vendors. But if I were attending, I would not enter the show and I would probably ask others not to. After years of increasing 914 entries, a show separate category for 914's must be implemented. For the PA PCA to group Boxsters and Caymans into the 914 group is absurd. They don't do it with rear or front engine Porsches, so why do it here? I think the 914 stigma still exists with the PA PCA and to also allow brand new Boxsters and Caymans to enter the show seems as dumb as the people who would vote for these cars.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 10 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #26

914-6 GT in waiting

The 914 group buy vendor spots start on F isle. See you there.
+Quote Post
william1764
post Apr 10 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 11,717

Totally agree Big Len. If I recall correctly, it was in 2016 that I entered my 74' 2.0. While not concours condition she's super clean, original paint and interior...a true 8.5 out of 10. A brand new Boxster off the lot took home the trophy. Total joke and waste of time/money. Never again

BTW, there were numerous 914's entered - a stand alone class was easily obtainable.

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 10 2018, 02:45 AM) *

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 10 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #28

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(william1764 @ Apr 10 2018, 10:28 AM) *

Totally agree Big Len. If I recall correctly, it was in 2016 that I entered my 74' 2.0. While not concours condition she's super clean, original paint and interior...a true 8.5 out of 10.

A brand new Boxster off the lot took home the trophy. Total joke and waste of time/money. Never again

BTW, there were numerous 914's entered - a stand alone class was easily obtainable.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If they are going to judge new cars, might as well go to a dealer parking lot.
+Quote Post
william1764
post Apr 10 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 11,717

[quote name='mepstein' date='Apr 10 2018, 06:40 AM' post='2598126']
[quote name='william1764' post='2598122' date='Apr 10 2018, 10:28 AM']
Totally agree Big Len. If I recall correctly, it was in 2016 that I entered my 74' 2.0. While not concours condition she's super clean, original paint and interior...a true 8.5 out of 10.

A brand new Boxster off the lot took home the trophy. Total joke and waste of time/money. Never again

[quote name='Big Len' post='2598044' date='Apr 10 2018, 02:45 AM']
[/quote]
[/quote]
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) If they are going to judge new cars, might as well go to a dealer parking lot.
[/quote

That's basically what they did Mepstein. Drive up with temp tags and get your (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I plan to make the trip up. Not sure if in the 914 or not. See you there I hope.
+Quote Post
BeatNavy
post Apr 10 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #30

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Member No.: 17,042

Yeah, but you get those "valuable" door prizes in your goody bag as part of the registration. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Sorry - I won't be there with my car to make your cars look even better in contrast to mine. Mine's a decent runner but not a looker (at least at this point). I'm toying with making the drive up Saturday morning in the truck to shop for goodies, but I definitely won't be there for Friday activities.

Also sorry to hear Len/Linda, Ralph, Rich, etc. won't be there this year. Hopefully a big showing next year.
+Quote Post
struckn
post Apr 10 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 13,764

[quote name='william1764' post='2598122' date='Apr 10 2018, 10:28 AM']

------------------------------------------------------------------
For the record, we parked in the Concourse Area in 2016 in order to have a location where we all could park to gather and hang out We knew up front that the Awards were secondary and most likely not to come our way.

The other thing to mention is that we each got, included in the entry fee, the Concourse Goody Bags which probably had a value of $10 ea. full of some very nice items.

+Quote Post
dcheek
post Apr 11 2018, 10:06 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 6,103

We even split out the 914's at the All Air Cooled Gathering where the majority of the cars that show up are VW's!! Come on PA PCA, it's time to kick it up a notch.

Dave
+Quote Post
struckn
post Apr 11 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 13,764

......I think the 914 stigma still exists with the PA PCA and to also allow brand new Boxsters and Caymans to enter the show seems as dumb as the people who would vote for these cars.
[/quote]

We even split out the 914's at the All Air Cooled Gathering where the majority of the cars that show up are VW's!! Come on PA PCA, it's time to kick it up a notch.

Dave
[/quote]

Just a FYI the CPA-PCA Vice President, Steve Limbert, is a big 914 fan. He owns and races his 914-6 GT. He took it to Daytona 2018 to run and display in the Daytona Fan Zone.
[b][color=#000000]
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 11 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #34

914-6 GT in waiting

[quote name='struckn' date='Apr 11 2018, 01:09 PM' post='2598488']
......I think the 914 stigma still exists with the PA PCA and to also allow brand new Boxsters and Caymans to enter the show seems as dumb as the people who would vote for these cars.
[/quote]

Dave
[/quote]

Just a FYI the CPA-PCA Vice President, Steve Limbert, is a big 914 fan. He owns and races his 914-6 GT. He took it to Daytona 2018 to run and display in the Daytona Fan Zone.
[b][color=#000000]
[/quote]
I know Steve. He is a huge fan of 914’s. I will ask him to change it when I see him at Hershey. Never hurts to ask, right?
It would be great if everyone asked him to change it. He owns the ~ Aircooled Racing booth.
+Quote Post
db9146
post Apr 16 2018, 09:28 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 3,315
Region Association: None

Anybody from Atlanta area driving up to Hershey?
+Quote Post
barefoot
post Apr 16 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 15,673
Region Association: South East States

Anyone passing thru Charleston SC on the way, I have a bunch of large parts for cheap, or give away to add to your stash. Includes Targa top, custom exhaust system based on 75-76 type system, late door window bases, some 1.7,1.8 engine tin's
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 22 2018, 05:37 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

So how was it? Any pics?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 22 2018, 06:53 AM
Post #38

914-6 GT in waiting

Really good turnout of vendors and buyers. Beautiful day.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 22 2018, 06:54 AM
Post #39

914-6 GT in waiting

DP.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:17 PM