Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16, *** RAIN or SHINE ***
ClayPerrine
post Jun 26 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #101

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 26 2018, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 04:34 AM) *

Bob,

Would you please make a change to our entry? We are bringing the factory six on the trailer, and Betty will be driving her car out.

Thanks!

Which means she will be leaving you in the dust as usual!

I hold no illusions about it, she definitely will. The six is only 110HP, no sway bars, old hard tires, and a tail shifter. Her 4 has about 120HP, its lighter, has sway bars and 33 years of suspension development, low profile tires, a side shifter, and the better driver too.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 26 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 26 2018, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 04:34 AM) *

Bob,

Would you please make a change to our entry? We are bringing the factory six on the trailer, and Betty will be driving her car out.

Thanks!

Which means she will be leaving you in the dust as usual!

I hold no illusions about it, she definitely will. The six is only 110HP, no sway bars, old hard tires, and a tail shifter. Her 4 has about 120HP, its lighter, has sway bars and 33 years of suspension development, low profile tires, a side shifter, and the better driver too.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Made tons of upgrades to my car for last year which allowed me to keep her in view about 30 seconds longer than the year before. Made even more upgrades this year and a new engine so I expect I will get another 30 seconds!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jun 26 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #103

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Made a quick little promo video for this year.

Enjoy! And please share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGDgvShSaVk

+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 27 2018, 05:28 AM
Post #104

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 26 2018, 08:12 PM) *

Enjoy! And please share!

That is a great video... I am already looking forward to this event. This just made it worse.

One question. Were you driving during the video, or was Nadine?

If it was you, the video was sped up.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Jun 27 2018, 05:57 AM
Post #105

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 27 2018, 07:28 AM) *

Enjoy! And please share!

That is a great video... I am already looking forward to this event. This just made it worse.

I was driving...a rental car... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (our new to us GTI already had an engine failure!!) Nadine was actually holding the camera in her hands. She does the notes and tells me where to go (just like in normal life!!) I just drive...I'm the hired help...
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Jun 28 2018, 12:30 PM
Post #106

Member No.: 18,973

Drouin family is registered for this year! Can't wait to see everyone again!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 28 2018, 01:07 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Sometimes even though it is a lot of work, I get to do some of cool things for this event. This is one of those cool things. While the “stuff” at the event is really fantastic, we are trying to get a bit more “tech” information worked into the event. I think it is pretty awesome that I get to announce that people attending Okteenerfest 2018 will have access to some people that really know their 914 and Porsche stuff.

Of course we know that we will have the chance to talk with Jake Raby at Air Cooled Heaven during lunch. But as a huge bonus to that, Charles Navarro of LN Engineering & Bilt Racing Service and the Type 4 Store will be attending. Charles and Jake will be available to share their vast wealth of knowledge.

I think you would be hard pressed to come up with a 914 or other Porsche engine question that these guys would not know the answer to!

Charles will be bringing something that I have never actually seen. Nickies. While most of us believe they are made out of Unobotainium, this is going to be a great opportunity to learn more about them!

Start prepping your questions!

Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
JoeD
post Jun 28 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #108

Member No.: 18,973

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 26 2018, 09:08 AM) *

Of course as usual, the AWESOME Eric Shea with PMB will be providing a set of calipers for your car as an additional bonus to supporting the rear brake tech session with Porterfield!

Really looking forward to the rear brake adjustment tech session! After not winning the PMB calipers last year, I ponied up for a set and did the front brakes- calipers, Porterfield pads (properly bedded), and new hard and soft lines all from PMB, plus a 914Rubber master cylinder. I can actually lock the wheels up now, which I was never able to do before.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 28 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JoeD @ Jun 28 2018, 03:04 PM) *

Of course as usual, the AWESOME Eric Shea with PMB will be providing a set of calipers for your car as an additional bonus to supporting the rear brake tech session with Porterfield!

Really looking forward to the rear brake adjustment tech session! After not winning the PMB calipers last year, I ponied up for a set and did the front brakes- calipers, Porterfield pads (properly bedded), and new hard and soft lines all from PMB, plus a 914Rubber master cylinder. I can actually lock the wheels up now, which I was never able to do before.

I know for a fact that using PMB parts has saved my ass many times. I am a reasonably proficient mechanic. But unless you build brakes every day this is one job that is best to let he professionals do. Eric suggested I go with the Porterfield R4s pads and that has been a fantastic recommendation.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Jun 28 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #110

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 28 2018, 07:13 PM) *

I know for a fact that using PMB parts has saved my ass many times. I am a reasonably proficient mechanic. But unless you build brakes every day this is one job that is best to let he professionals do. Eric suggested I go with the Porterfield R4s pads and that has been a fantastic recommendation.

Ditto on that for sure! Saved
my rear end last year, if not for the awesome stopping of the rebuilt brakes ans pads from Eric, and the extra
grip of the Bridgestone Potenza tires all 8.5" of tread on the ground, Peter(VYsoc) my copilot and I would have been hood ornaments on the front of a mack truck that lost his way and
appeared on a hairpin turn coming UP the mountain where no 18 wheeler should have been- taking up both lanes and the shoulder! no where to go- right was a cliff and 1000ft drop, left rock , straight was him,
stopped on a dime- so thank you Eric ans PMB performance!!!! - ask Clay and Betty, they were in front of me and i was trying to catch up- any way i digress- juat make sure you all have excellent brakes and pads for a drive in the mountains!!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jun 29 2018, 06:41 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 28 2018, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 28 2018, 07:13 PM) *

Ditto on that for sure! Saved
my rear end last year, if not for the awesome stopping of the rebuilt brakes ans pads from Eric, and the extra
grip of the Bridgestone Potenza tires all 8.5" of tread on the ground, Peter(VYsoc) my copilot and I would have been hood ornaments on the front of a mack truck that lost his way and
appeared on a hairpin turn coming UP the mountain where no 18 wheeler should have been- taking up both lanes and the shoulder! no where to go- right was a cliff and 1000ft drop, left rock , straight was him,
stopped on a dime- so thank you Eric ans PMB performance!!!! - ask Clay and Betty, they were in front of me and i was trying to catch up- any way i digress- juat make sure you all have excellent brakes and pads for a drive in the mountains!!

I was not too far behind and had more wisely given up chasing Betty but I was still able to see the poo in the road!
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Jun 29 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #112

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 27 2018, 03:57 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 27 2018, 07:28 AM) *

Enjoy! And please share!

I was driving...a rental car... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (our new to us GTI already had an engine failure!!) Nadine was actually holding the camera in her hands. She does the notes and tells me where to go (just like in normal life!!) I just drive...I'm the hired help...

Great job on this video Bob and Nadine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) I can't believe she hand held the camera that rock steady?
+Quote Post
914dave
post Jun 29 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #113

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Room is booked and registered. Ready for the great road trip. 700 miles for me. Who else is coming out of the north east?
+Quote Post
914Next
post Jul 1 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #114

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Registered, paid via paypal and room booked for Sara and I. Looking forward to it!

Steve
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Jul 6 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #115

Member No.: 21,981

QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 1 2018, 11:45 AM) *

Registered, paid via paypal and room booked for Sara and I. Looking forward to it!

Steve

Where did you find the PayPal option? I am registered but haven’t paid yet.
+Quote Post
914four
post Jul 6 2018, 09:45 AM
Post #116

Member No.: 7,582

Anyone passing through Birmingham along the way to Okteenerfest might want stop at Barbers Motorsports Museum Thursday morning at 10 a.m. with the DFW group. The Alabama Region PCA President, Darcy Schofill, has helped to arrange a special tour of the museum.

This is something Barbers has done for the Alabama Region PCA in the past and is a very special tour.

Kelvin
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 9 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #117

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095

This was a great event last year.. We were happy to host lunch.
We have more planned this year, and it might get interesting :-)
I sold my 914 a while back... l’ll try to break my 912E out for the event.
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Jul 9 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 9 2018, 05:59 PM) *

This was a great event last year.. We were happy to host lunch.
We have more planned this year, and it might get interesting :-)
I sold my 914 a while back... l’ll try to break my 912E out for the event.

For me personally, it was an honor to meet someone that was so knowledgeable and had guided me through many of my mistakes while greatly shortening my learning curve. I will be redoing my wife’s Boxster engine at some point and it will be a Raby. You were such a great host in spite of the power failures and tough conditions.

See you in September.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 12 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #119

Betty and I have been looking for a unique way to celebrate 400,000 miles on her 914.

We found this and wanted to bring it to Okteenerfest.

(IMG:http://stilltheonedistillery.com/wp-content/themes/combVodka/images/bottle-914-bourbon.png)

Unfortunately, it is bottled in Westchester, NY, and it is not available in Texas.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Still The One Distillery

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) If someone going to Okteenerfest from that area can pick up a bottle of it, we would be eternally grateful.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Seriously.. If anyone is coming from the NorthEast, I will pay you for a bottle of this.

+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 12 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #120

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 12 2018, 06:59 PM) *

Betty and I have been looking for a unique way to celebrate 400,000 miles on her 914.

We found this and wanted to bring it to Okteenerfest.

(IMG:http://stilltheonedistillery.com/wp-content/themes/combVodka/images/bottle-914-bourbon.png)

Unfortunately, it is bottled in Westchester, NY, and it is not available in Texas.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Still The One Distillery

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) If someone going to Okteenerfest from that area can pick up a bottle of it, we would be eternally grateful.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Seriously.. If anyone is coming from the NorthEast, I will pay you for a bottle of this.

Not surprised. NY is a 914 area code.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:36 AM