Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
poorsche914
September 13-16 in Helen, GA

Due to popular demand (and the excellent roads), Okteenerfest returns to the northeast Georgia mountains and the Alpine village of Helen, GA!

• Enjoy the hospitality of the Helendorf Inn as the town celebrates its 48th annual Oktoberfest.
• Experience traditional Bavarian festivities and cuisine from oompah bands and lederhosen to hot pretzels and German bier in the nearby shops and restaurants.
• Socialize with other teeners on the riverside patio.
• Drive mountain roads that are some of the best in the southeast.
• Dyno action at Aircooled Heaven

What more could you ask for? Mark your calendars and be sure to join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving, plenty of socializing, a bit of showing off, and a truckload of give-aways in a unique setting that you won’t want to miss.

Join the Okteenerfest mailing list or LIKE us on Facebook for quickest access to information as it becomes available.

Registration includes:

• Thursday evening snack/beverages
• Friday Driving Tour through some of the best roads in the country!
• Friday lunch at Raby's Aircooled Technology aka Aircooled Heaven
• Saturday entry to Peoples Choice Car Show
• Tech Quiz entry
• Saturday evening awards banquet dinner
• Chance to win some great trophies
• Tickets for a chance to win some AWESOME door prizes from the some great vendors
• Event T-Shirt
• Lifetime of memories, meeting new friends, and a chance to bond with your 914
vw_porsche
I'll be there.
Can't wait!
driving.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(vw_porsche @ Mar 12 2018, 09:23 AM) *

I'll be there.
Can't wait!
driving.gif

I missed the last one, so this will be my 914 adventure for the year. I need some warm weather to get the fuel tank and sway bar installation back on track. piratenanner.gif
sholman5
Had a blast last year. Can't wait. If you golf bring your clubs, you can get 18 in on Saturday afternoon.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I will definitely be there.

Already have vacation scheduled for it.

914four
Donna and I look forward to this event every year. This is always a well organized and very well run event. The German town and winding mountain roads are perfect our cars. In the evening, everything is within walking distance and the German food and beer are a great way to end the day.

ziggy socky, ziggy socky, oy oy oy! beerchug.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(914four @ Mar 12 2018, 05:17 PM) *

Donna and I look forward to this event every year. This is always a well organized and very well run event. The German town and winding mountain roads are perfect our cars. In the evening, everything is within walking distance and the German food and beer are a great way to end the day.

Translation please! WTF.gif
snakemain
I should be there since we're moving to Alabama this summer. smile.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 12 2018, 06:50 PM) *

An excuse to drink!
t collins
You can count me in
IronHillRestorations
I'm planning on it too. If the lovely Mrs. Kiehl doesn't accompany me, I might be up for some golf too!
michael7810
1,877 miles PHX to Helen, Okteenerfest is on my bucket list and this might be the year.
914four
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 13 2018, 06:22 PM) *

An excuse to drink!

Yep!

Experience an Oktoberfest celebration somewhere. Helen, GA. is a great place for that experience. biggrin.gif
nditiz1
I'm planning to come this year biggrin.gif
914dave
Awesome!!!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 13 2018, 07:22 PM) *

An excuse to drink!

drunk.gif drunk.gif , Mike we have you on video doing this with the Chef! it was good food and good time!

I will be there with Copper Top , she will have a new tan(paint) and new tits! (bumper guards)
I cant wait!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Mar 14 2018, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Mar 13 2018, 07:22 PM) *

An excuse to drink!

drunk.gif drunk.gif , Mike we have you on video doing this with the Chef! it was good food and good time!

I will be there with Copper Top , she will have a new tan(paint) and new tits! (bumper guards)
I cant wait!!

Cant wait to see the new paint I can neither confirm of deny those allegations. All I can say is they do amazing things with photo shop.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
We have a tremendous number of great vendors that support this event. I hope that getting to see their products on display at the event helps people make up their minds to buy an item or two.

However, many of us like to do the work on our cars ourselves so sometimes it might be a real learning experience to see the installation process on an actual car.
I am looking for ideas for installing certain items or parts provided by our supporters that could be done at the event and allow everyone to observe.

A few I came up with:
Replace Sail Vinyl
Clutch cable replacement of all pated from pedal to end of cable
CV joint replacement
New front or rear rotors
Shifting bushing replacement

Just looking for a few sound ideas that I could take to our supporters. I sure that a switch out of your engine for a Raby or 6 might be at the top of the list but kind of an impossible sell and difficult to do in a non-shop environment.

Give me some of your suggestions.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 13 2018, 08:13 PM) *

1,877 miles PHX to Helen, Okteenerfest is on my bucket list and this might be the year.

That's great! You can be the one to take home an old nasty seat cushion. first.gif
theer
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 13 2018, 09:13 PM) *

... and only 1,000 from BOS.
stevend914

Let me know at Route 66 if you plan to drive Tail of the Dragon (about 100 miles north of Helen). I'll bring a map I have of the area showing other nice driving roads in that area, some nicer and less crowded than the Dragon.
michael7810
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Mar 14 2018, 01:46 PM) *

Let me know at Route 66 if you plan to drive Tail of the Dragon (about 100 miles north of Helen). I'll bring a map I have of the area showing other nice driving roads in that area, some nicer and less crowded than the Dragon.

Roger that. Thanks
ClayPerrine
OK.. I am going to bump this thread because I have to tell y'all about the dream I just had. I have been pushing really hard on my car to get it up and running for the trip, so maybe that affected the dream.

Betty and I were at the hotel in Helen, GA trying to pack the cars to come home from Okteenerfest, but we are encountering a bit of resistance. Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths. They are throwing already cooked steaks (medium rare) at us. Nadine is in a black full formal floor length dress, including the elbow length black gloves, yelling at them to get out of the way.

OK. I agree. I have WEIRD dreams. But it is about 914s and Okteenerfest so I had to share it.

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 09:05 AM) *

OK.. I am going to bump this thread because I have to tell y'all about the dream I just had. I have been pushing really hard on my car to get it up and running for the trip, so maybe that affected the dream.

Betty and I were at the hotel in Helen, GA trying to pack the cars to come home from Okteenerfest, but we are encountering a bit of resistance. Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths. They are throwing already cooked steaks (medium rare) at us. Nadine is in a black full formal floor length dress, including the elbow length black gloves, yelling at them to get out of the way.

OK. I agree. I have WEIRD dreams. But it is about 914s and Okteenerfest so I had to share it.

I can recommend a good therapist because even in a dream you cant un-see that!
rgolia
I was planning to attend and after reading about that dream attendance is a must. Dreams do come true and I got to see that. beer3.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 11:05 AM) *

I can't really imagine Bob doing that, but Bill - absolutely! happy11.gif
Matty900
I plan on making it out this year with my car. With that long of a trip, I am going to stop in Colorado for Red Rocks on the way. driving.gif
naro914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 01:05 PM) *

.... Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths...

sorry to disappoint anyone, but I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen at Okteenerfest this year.... screwy.gif

But come anyway...plenty of other interesting sights to see... smoke.gif beerchug.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 09:05 AM) *

OK Clay, you must have been smokin' some bad stuff! lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 15 2018, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 01:05 PM) *

.... Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths...

sorry to disappoint anyone, but I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen at Okteenerfest this year.... screwy.gif

But come anyway...plenty of other interesting sights to see... smoke.gif beerchug.gif

I have one word ...... photoshop. Stephen can we make this happen???
BENBRO02
I'm planning on making it again this year (driving the 914 instead of the MX-5). biggrin.gif
poorsche914
BE WARNED... YOU CANNOT UNSEE THIS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Click to view attachment
Matty900
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 06:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

huh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 08:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I darn near spit my cheerios all over the computer screen!!! All Betty could say is "Oh my God" over and over.

She also asked if you are going to have posters and T-Shirts available for sale???

av-943.gif

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 17 2018, 04:35 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 08:54 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I darn near spit my cheerios all over the computer screen!!! All Betty could say is "Oh my God" over and over.

She also asked if you are going to have posters and T-Shirts available for sale???

av-943.gif

I was so disturbed that I did not even see Betty pray.gif

I feel slightly ill!
Betty
Stephen, calling you a world class artist doesn't do you or your work justice.

In your latest tour de force, your depiction of Bob and Bill speaks of your ability to convey feeling through gesture and expression, a la Rembrandt. The gentle, ethereal smoke wafting from their 'smoking' jackets demonstrates your supreme mastery of the depiction of light, only hinted at in works by J. M. W. Turner or Delacroix. The... whatever it is... peeking out... immediately calls to mind the surrealism of Dali or even the palette of Van Gogh (during his 'Pink' phase of course). And those floating steaks - they just revel in the thought provoking artistry of Magritte. Finally; there is your piece de resistance - the pink tutu gracing Bill's form. It just shouts of Toulouse-Latrec's wondrous ballet themed masterpieces.

I bow to your artistry. I salute your mastery of the artsy-fartsy stuff. You Sir - are an Artistic God Among Men!

smilie_pokal.gif
mgp4591
I was thinking the floating steaks were more Dali-esque and the whatever peeking out was more of a Ron Jeremy influence during his pink phase.... in theory anyway... blink.gif
Sorry Betty! rolleyes.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Betty @ May 18 2018, 11:58 PM) *
Stephen, calling you a world class artist doesn't do you or your work justice.

In your latest tour de force, your depiction of Bob and Bill speaks of your ability to convey feeling through gesture and expression, a la Rembrandt. The gentle, ethereal smoke wafting from their 'smoking' jackets demonstrates your supreme mastery of the depiction of light, only hinted at in works by J. M. W. Turner or Delacroix. The... whatever it is... peeking out... immediately calls to mind the surrealism of Dali or even the palette of Van Gogh (during his 'Pink' phase of course). And those floating steaks - they just revel in the thought provoking artistry of Magritte. Finally; there is your piece de resistance - the pink tutu gracing Bill's form. It just shouts of Toulouse-Latrec's wondrous ballet themed masterpieces.

I bow to your artistry. I salute your mastery of the artsy-fartsy stuff. You Sir - are an Artistic God Among Men!

smilie_pokal.gif

Love the critique av-943.gif

driving.gif
Peashooter
Thinking of going to the event, but can't find out how/where to register. When I click on the link in the signature line to Okteenerfest 2018, all I get is the info for last year. I signed up for the email link but never get anything. Is it still on?
bahnzai
I am in again.
Great venue and event!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Peashooter @ May 19 2018, 10:04 AM) *
Thinking of going to the event, but can't find out how/where to register. When I click on the link in the signature line to Okteenerfest 2018, all I get is the info for last year. I signed up for the email link but never get anything. Is it still on?

We haven't opened registration yet rolleyes.gif

Registration should be open by end of the month. Will send out an email when ready.

driving.gif
Betty
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 19 2018, 01:07 AM) *

... and the whatever peeking out was more of a Ron Jeremy influence during his pink phase....
Sorry Betty! rolleyes.gif

I was actually laughing out loud reading that. I am incredibly jealous I didn't think of it first! cheer.gif
poorsche914
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

driving.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 4 2018, 07:52 PM) *

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

driving.gif

Tried to register, wouldn't take payment
poorsche914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 4 2018, 09:12 PM) *

That's because payment is via check.
You should have received a confirmation email with payment info.
Check your junk/spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.

Bob is willing to take Paypal payments but you will need to add 3% to cover the fees.

driving.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 4 2018, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jun 4 2018, 09:12 PM) *

That's because payment is via check.
You should have received a confirmation email with payment info.
Check your junk/spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.

Bob is willing to take Paypal payments but you will need to add 3% to cover the fees.

driving.gif

=============
DONE !

PayPal is: ?

We in the big city don't rite no checks..77.25 then. Let me know
naro914
PayPal is naro@carolina.rr.com
Amount if paying via PayPal is $77.50 per person.
DRPHIL914
biggrin.gif just registered
michael7810
I'm registered driving.gif driving.gif
JFJ914
Done and done! See you in September!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.