Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Mblizzard
Signed up!
naro914
and if you pay using PayPal, PLEASE make sure you note in the paypal payment somewhere who its for - you name or registration number preferably so I can match up registrations with payments.

thanks!
bandjoey
Registered paid room booked. signal914.jpg
ClayPerrine
We are officially registered and paid. Betty's car is definite. Mine is not going to make it. sad.gif

Maybe I will bring the Six.

ClayPerrine
Our room is reserved. driving-girl.gif driving.gif
michael7810
Room reserved.
DRPHIL914
paid! - soo Hotel details, prices etc??
naro914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jun 5 2018, 08:09 PM) *

paid! - soo Hotel details, prices etc??

Tab on Okteenerfest site named Lodging will give you all you need
bahnzai
Registered & room booked.
Now I just need to plan a pre-ramble visit to check out the local roads!
michael7810
Paid via PayPal
t collins
Registered, room booked, and check in the mail piratenanner.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(t collins @ Jun 6 2018, 03:50 PM) *

Registered, room booked, and check in the mail piratenanner.gif

Ditto, and now I need some time to finish the new fuel lines in Mistress. Since I broke my leg 3 wks. ago that project is now behind schedule. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
Bills914-4
Registered , & hoping mother nature doesn't keep me away this time dry.gif
Rusty
This thread needs a icon_bump.gif
BENBRO02
I'm looking forward to it again this year. After 12 years I finally got my 914 on the road so this time maybe I won't have to drive my MX-5!
naro914
Registered!

Oh...wait... blink.gif
Matty900
Started registering, got to the essay portion WTF.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jun 14 2018, 11:44 AM) *

As good as your car is it should require an essay! But you can just skip!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 14 2018, 01:22 PM) *

Registered!

Oh...wait... blink.gif

You forgot to buy your pink tu-tu????
poorsche914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jun 14 2018, 03:44 PM) *

Hmmmm.... idea.gif

The text should read: What made you say "Oh, I gotta go to this event"?
I think the quotation mark somehow caused the rest of the text to not be shown.
I have added it back... let's see how long it stays.

driving.gif
Mblizzard
I am really excited to start off a new feature for Okteenerfest. With the help of our sponsors, we will be holding tech sessions covering various repairs and installation of parts. The best part is that a lucky attendee actually gets the parts installed on their car.

Kicking this off with a great offer from Tarett Engineering. If you ever wanted to add some adjustability to your front suspensions, a set of adjustable drop links is the place to start.
Click to view attachment

Because this will be a tech session you will need to sign up in order to be eligible for the install. In addition to the lucky winner Tarett is providing all attendees a 25% discount on these links. This offer will be limited to people who commit to purchasing while at Okteenerfest so you will save shipping as well!

Great product. I just added them to my car.

Click to view attachment
stephenaki
OK, I'm registered. Need to send Bob a check now.
billh1963
Registered and room reserved!
80cap
My wife and I are planing to attend but she can't ride in my car for very long due to a hip injury. I have a trailer I can use but last year there was a concern about parking one. Is there a place to park a trailer in the area?
She needs to ride in a chair type seat. Her Yukon would be comfortable for the trip.
Brian
naro914
QUOTE(80cap @ Jun 19 2018, 08:14 AM) *

My wife and I are planing to attend but she can't ride in my car for very long due to a hip injury. I have a trailer I can use but last year there was a concern about parking one. Is there a place to park a trailer in the area?
She needs to ride in a chair type seat. Her Yukon would be comfortable for the trip.
Brian

Hi Brian,
yes, we will have a designated area for trailer parking as we did last year.
There is NO trailer parking at the hotel, but it's just down the road in an open parking lot that we are contracting with. We parked our trailer there last year, as did about 6 others.
Mblizzard
Some additional great news! PMB Performance and Porterfield Brake Pads are teaming up to bring you a tech session on how to adjust the rear brakes. Super mechanic Clay Perrine will walk you through the process of changing your rear pads and adjusting them properly.

Click to view attachment

PMBs classic write up of the process will be distributed to everyone that attends. Porterfield is providing some of their most awesome R4-S pads for the demo! Porterfield’s R4 Carbon Kevlar brake pad provides even high friction levels across a broad temperature range while allowing rotor life to be extended to the maximum.

Oh and as an added bonus for someone that signs up, one person will be selected to have the Porterfield’s R4s installed on their car!

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 19 2018, 09:17 AM) *

Some additional great news! PMB Performance and Porterfield Brake Pads are teaming up to bring you a tech session on how to adjust the rear brakes. Super mechanic Clay Perrine will walk you through the process of changing your rear pads and adjusting them properly.

Click to view attachment

PMBs classic write up of the process will be distributed to everyone that attends. Porterfield is providing some of their most awesome R4 pads for the demo! Porterfield’s R4 Carbon Kevlar brake pad provides even high friction levels across a broad temperature range while allowing rotor life to be extended to the maximum.

Oh and as an added bonus for someone that signs up, one person will be selected to have the Porterfield’s R4s installed on their car!

Click to view attachment

Awesome!! cheer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
bandjoey
Where d I sign up and what’s the fine print. I do not like the stopping power of my brakes at all
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jun 19 2018, 04:34 PM) *

Where d I sign up and what’s the fine print. I do not like the stopping power of my brakes at all

You have Fred Flintstone brakes?

Going to try to set up a discount deal for the R4s as they are some of the best pads I have ever used.

I know the standard 914 brakes are good but if you have any questions Eric at PMB is the answer.
914dave
Is everyone staying at the Helndorf River Inn??
naro914
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 20 2018, 02:38 PM) *

The Helendorf is the Host Hotel where all activities will be held, including Registration, Saturday evening Banquet, door prizes will be displayed, Tech sessions, and all kinds of socializing will be had.

MOST people will be staying there...but we do understand, it is a bit pricey...but so is everything in Helen. We're going this weekend to scout out the Friday drive and hotels are crazy expensive...
914dave
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 20 2018, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 20 2018, 02:38 PM) *

The Helendorf is the Host Hotel where all activities will be held, including Registration, Saturday evening Banquet, door prizes will be displayed, Tech sessions, and all kinds of socializing will be had.

MOST people will be staying there...but we do understand, it is a bit pricey...but so is everything in Helen. We're going this weekend to scout out the Friday drive and hotels are crazy expensive...

Thanks. Didn’t want to miss any of the action.
stevend914
Room is booked, check will be mailed this afternoon
jdamiano
I’m Registered and room reserved. I’m a VW guy new to the 914 community. The pink tutu stuff on this post has me a little scared but looking forward to the event.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jun 21 2018, 08:15 AM) *

I’m Registered and room reserved. I’m a VW guy new to the 914 community. The pink tutu stuff on this post has me a little scared but looking forward to the event.

Just remember, what happens at Okteenerfest, stays at Okteenerfest. Unless it is really good then it gets documented and widely distributed.

It is a good group and Helen is a great town. You will have a blast.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 21 2018, 02:18 PM) *

Just remember, what happens at Okteenerfest, stays at Okteenerfest. Unless it is really good then it gets documented and widely distributed.

"You're part of our herd now. Dignity is not an option." - Ice Age.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 21 2018, 02:40 PM) *

Sid: I don't know about you guys but, we are the weirdest herd I've ever seen.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 21 2018, 11:40 AM) *

Someone is rapidly trying to cancel a hotel reservation after reading that! But while we are an odd herd, it is loads of fun.
naro914
Just wanted to give a quick reminder: Our block of rooms and special rate at the Helendorf expires on August 1, so you need to get your room reserved prior to August 1 if you plan to stay at the Helendorf!

Also, PLEASE do not book a room unless you have already registered. I have the list of who's booked rooms and many of you have NOT registered yet. Please register!! You know who you are! poke.gif shades.gif
DRPHIL914
Room Booked!
ClayPerrine
Bob,

Would you please make a change to our entry? We are bringing the factory six on the trailer, and Betty will be driving her car out.

Thanks!

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 04:34 AM) *

Bob,

Would you please make a change to our entry? We are bringing the factory six on the trailer, and Betty will be driving her car out.

Thanks!

Which means she will be leaving you in the dust as usual!
Mblizzard
Well slowly but surely I am getting the sponsorship requests out.

First I would Like to thank Mark Taylor at Stoddard for being an event sponsor last year and returning again this year. Mark is actually going to try to make the event this year and bring his 914.

Click to view attachment

This speaks volumes about Stoddard's support of the 914 and we sent them a small thank you.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Also would like to thank Porsche USA for helping out again. Mark Harston is going to also send information on the current parts Porsche still stocks for vintage cars!

Click to view attachment

I know I went through 3 cheap ignition switches and the pain to install them before getting a factory one from Porsche and never had an issue with it!
Mblizzard
Lake Speed with Driving Racing Oil will be sending more products this year and offering some oil analysis services.

Click to view attachment

Keep meaning to ask if he is the NASCAR driver? driving.gif How funny would that be!
Mblizzard
Of course as usual, the AWESOME Eric Shea with PMB will be providing a set of calipers for your car as an additional bonus to supporting the rear brake tech session with Porterfield!

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Eckeler's will be sending some wonderful gift certificates for a lucky winner!

Click to view attachment
naro914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 08:34 AM) *

Bob,

Thanks!

No can do...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 26 2018, 09:24 AM) *

Bob,

Thanks!

No can do...

Why not? Can I do it??????

naro914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 26 2018, 01:15 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 26 2018, 09:24 AM) *

Bob,

Thanks!

No can do...

Why not? Can I do it??????

Lol...needs to be changed in the database and only Steven can do that...
You asked the wrong person.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.