Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16, *** RAIN or SHINE ***
Cracker
post Aug 11 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,316
Region Association: South East States

If its the same place as last year - find somewhere else - the "designated" location leaked damn sap all over my truck and trailer. I just saw a spot I missed yesterday...fair warning given.

Tony

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Aug 11 2018, 07:08 PM) *

Will I be able to drop my tow truck and trailer off Thursday for the weekend in the lot you mentioned earlier? My plan now is to come in directly to that lot and unload and drive the 914 for the weekend.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 12 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #162

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Will I be able to drop my tow truck and trailer off Thursday for the weekend in the lot you mentioned earlier? My plan now is to come in directly to that lot and unload and drive the 914 for the weekend.

Yes, the lot will be open to us starting Thursday thru Sunday.
+Quote Post
jdamiano
post Aug 12 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #163

Member No.: 21,981

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 12 2018, 06:33 AM) *

Can you provide the lot address?
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 12 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #164

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Aug 12 2018, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 12 2018, 06:33 AM) *

Can you provide the lot address?

I don't konw the address off hand and I'm not at my computer. Directions and a map will be provided to all that are registered via email (along with lots of other useful information) after we close registration (which is August 24).

Don't worry...we won't leave you hanging and wondering where to go!
FYI, I park our trailer there too - as do about 6 others - and will get there early afternoon on Thursday.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 12 2018, 02:26 PM
Post #165

Losing my mind...

Every year since we have held Okteenerfest, we've gotten more registrants than the previous year!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

And with less than two weeks to go, we are just a few people away from eclipsing last year!!

If you're planning to register, GET TO IT!! Registration closes August 24 at midnight.

+Quote Post
seanpaulmc
post Aug 12 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #166

Member No.: 20,649

Hello World,

I will be attending my first Okteenerfest. I am glad to see the registration numbers looking very strong for this year's event. Unfortunately I will be without a 914. My teener is a basketcase and not road worthy at this time. I have a (big) project car and it will be a while before I get it back on the road. However, still looking very much forward to the event and the inspiration from all your cars.

That said, I'll be driving up in my not so exciting Mitsubishi Outlander 4 cylinder. I am wondering if anyone who may be driving single on the Friday drive might allow me to sit co-pilot for the drive?

Thanks for your consideration.

Sean
seanpaulmc
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 12 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #167

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Aug 12 2018, 07:07 PM) *
... I am wondering if anyone who may be driving single on the Friday drive might allow me to sit co-pilot for the drive?
Sean... There is almost always an empty seat available. If you haven't arranged it ahead of time, simply walk along the line of 914s as they are being staged for the drive and find one with an empty seat. Guarantee you won't be turned away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

According to the "driving" and "trailering" responses on the registrations, we are well on the way to over 70 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 12 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #168

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 12 2018, 07:58 PM) *

... I am wondering if anyone who may be driving single on the Friday drive might allow me to sit co-pilot for the drive?
Sean... There is almost always an empty seat available. If you haven't arranged it ahead of time, simply walk along the line of 914s as they are being staged for the drive and find one with an empty seat. Guarantee you won't be turned away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

According to the "driving" and "trailering" responses on the registrations, we are well on the way to over 70 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Betty and I are bringing two 914s, and that means we will have two empty passenger seats up for grabs.

Take you pick. But beware.... Betty is definitely not shy when it comes to plastering you up against the door. Just hang on to the arm rest (the one with reinforced mounts) and enjoy the ride! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg)
+Quote Post
seanpaulmc
post Aug 13 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #169

Member No.: 20,649

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 12 2018, 09:36 PM) *

Betty and I are bringing two 914s, and that means we will have two empty passenger seats up for grabs.

Take you pick. But beware.... Betty is definitely not shy when it comes to plastering you up against the door. Just hang on to the arm rest (the one with reinforced mounts) and enjoy the ride! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg)

Awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Looking forward to it.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 13 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #170

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 12 2018, 05:36 PM) *

If you ride with Betty I would recommend extra absorbent adult diapers. It is scary just trying to chase her can't even think of what it is like to ride with her!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 13 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #171

Losing my mind...

Or if you need a nap and want a nice leisurely drive, go with Clay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Aug 13 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #172

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 13 2018, 12:08 PM) *

Or if you need a nap and want a nice leisurely drive, go with Clay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif)

Actually.. that is going to be somewhat true for this event. I am not going to push Elwood (factory six) the way I would Frody (Betty's /4) or Igor (the 4.0 six). Elwood has some small body issues I don't have time to fix, and really old, hard tires. With the other two, I will go 8 or 9 tenths on the street. With Elwood I probably won't exceed 7 tenths.

Maybe I will swap cars with Betty for one of the drives. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/betty914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 14 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #173

Advanced Member

Been doing a bit of math.

It amazes me that so many sponsors will contribute to this event. For those of you that attend it is important that we return the favor when we can.

In a rough estimate, our sponsors have committed over $10,300 worth of prizes and support for this event!

Who would have thought that such a unloved NARP could receive so much support.
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 14 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #174

Losing my mind...

So there are still a bunch of you that have gotten a hotel room but have not registered. PLEASE, if you booked a hotel room you need to register or give up your room. I've had two people tell me the hotel is booked and wanted to come, but won't register unless they can get in the Helendorf.

You know who you are...and so does everyone else... See the first post on this thread.

REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 24. We have to give the caterer a number then AND PAY THEM, and order the shirts then. After August 24, we will not be taking any more registrations.

thank you!
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 15 2018, 07:01 AM
Post #175

Losing my mind...

We are going to be raffling off a print at Okteenerfest this year. Proceeds of the raffle go to Operation Motorsport, a Veteran led and operated charity whose purpose is "To use Motorsports opportunities to attract ill, injured and wounded Service Members and disabled Veterans and present them with educational and industry opportunities to aid in their retraining, recovery and rehabilitation."

Details of Operation Motorsport are here: https://operationmotorsport.org/

Our company NaroEscape Motorsports is privileged to be a partner with Operation Motorsport (OpMo), with 5% of all retail proceeds going to help fund their cause. We have seen first hand how integrating ill and injured service members into motorsports can help in their recovery. And while neither Nadine nor I served in any form of the military, we are certainly proud and humbled by what these men and women have been through to serve our country.

This past weekend, OpMo fielded a Mazda MX-5 in the Champcar 24 hour race at VIR. The Lead driver was Mazda pro factory driver Liam Dwyer - who himself is an injured military veteran (list his leg) and races in the Continental Challenge series for Mazda. Two other Honda Civics carried the OpMo liveries. The entire crews, and support staff for the three car effort was made up of military veteran beneficiaries of OpMo. Quite a scene!!

If you are on Facebook, go to the OpMo Facebook page and see the interview with Liam... https://www.facebook.com/OpsMotorsport/

Here is a picture of the print (its much clearer in person). The photo was taken by Diezel Lodder, CEO of Operation Motorsport, and is 36w x 24h printed on canvas.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 15 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #176

Advanced Member

Our good buddy Ken of SubLevel27 is offering up a really good deal on the 914 specific items he makes. While Ken will be bring some choice items to the Okteenerfest, check out SubLevel27 and place your order before Okteenerfest and use code OFEST18. Ken will bring your order and deliver it to you personally at Okteenerfest!

I placed an order and this saved me about $24 on shipping. Below are just a few of the items SubLevel27 can provided.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Aug 15 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #177

Ronin Member

Member No.: 11,232
Region Association: None

Registered. Had to wait a bit just to see if it would be possible with my wife's new job. We're just over 4 hours away now, so it would have been painful to miss it being this close. Cranked and drove the car yesterday for the first time since the 1400 mile move and it getting rained on more than a few times. Had to pull the plugs and let it air out a bit, but it started and ran surprisingly fine. Apparently my speedo quit working somewhere between Albuquerque and Alabama, but that's not so much of an issue. Really looking forward to seeing some people again and meeting a bunch of new folks.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Aug 16 2018, 01:50 AM
Post #178

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 12 2018, 01:26 PM) *

Every year since we have held Okteenerfest, we've gotten more registrants than the previous year!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

And with less than two weeks to go, we are just a few people away from eclipsing last year!!

If you're planning to register, GET TO IT!! Registration closes August 24 at midnight.

Registered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Sorry it took me so long. It was the essay portion of the registration that took so long (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Essay for Registration:
"Oh, I gotta go to this event!"
After coming in 2015, I knew that I wanted to come back but it wasn't until I entered the 914world build-off challenge that I really had a plan for making it back. The idea was that with my schedule I needed something that was a hard deadline to push me forward in getting the car done. The build-off challenge deadline serendipitously happened to coincide with the event. What better way to help me prioritize my time working on the car than "Oh, I gotta go to this event" and I have the car completed to do so.

As time grew closer to leave for the event there was a hurricane bearing down on Georga and there was no way of knowing what it would look like until I was halfway there. With more things needed to be put back on the car for the deadline, I decided that I could buy my self an extra few days, if I diverted, and went to Red Rocks in Colorado instead. I did get the car back on the road and running great for the deadline, but I literally almost killed myself to do it. (Ask me over beers when I get there)
Once I got to Red Rocks I did not even get to drive my car more than a few miles. The problem was that we had used an unconventional carb set up that worked great at our altitude and would have worked great in Georgia, but did not do so well high in the Rocky mountains. The 914 community can be an awesome thing with everyone willing to help everyone else out. So collectively we thought, Let's get a screwdriver and see if we can't make it worse. It was at that time that I decided to go to a microsquirt fuel injection set up.

So I saved up my money and bought the parts but that was only part of the journey to get the car back on the road again. Let's just say that there is more than just some assembly required to get it in and all of the gremlins out. So at this point, we still need to pull the motor, replace the hall sensor to eliminate the sync loss error so that we can fine tune on the dyno and address an oil leak while the motor is out and by the way, it all has to be done in the next couple of weeks! Why? "Oh, I gotta go to this event"
While all of that is great for progress on the car. The real reason for me to come is the adventure of traveling across the entire country to share in the passion for the 914 with other enthusiasts and driving great roads in what with surely be a grand spectacle with over 100 cars on the great mountain roads of Colorado and Georgia. As I also am passionate about photography I look forward to capturing this great journey. So that one day, when I am old and feeble, and can no longer drive my beloved 914. I will be able to look back on those photos and hopefully recall fond memories and say,
"Oh! I Got To go, to this event"
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Aug 16 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #179

Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looking for a recommendation/ideas on where to get my oil changed once I get to Helen since I'm driving over 4K miles on the trip and already have 600 miles since last change. I'll bring the oil, filter and drain gasket so either need a place to do it myself or a shop I can trust. I plan to arrive in Helen on Thursday and depart on Sunday. TIA
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 16 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #180

Advanced Member

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 16 2018, 07:16 AM) *

Looking for a recommendation/ideas on where to get my oil changed once I get to Helen since I'm driving over 4K miles on the trip and already have 600 miles since last change. I'll bring the oil, filter and drain gasket so either need a place to do it myself or a shop I can trust. I plan to arrive in Helen on Thursday and depart on Sunday. TIA

Grab your filter leave the oil at home and win the case of Driven Racing Oil and your set. Pretty sure there will be ample support to do a parking lot oil change. For the Tech sessions we will be bringing floor jacks jack stands and such. So buy Steven Aki and Kelvin Knight a beer or two (they work cheap) and I and sure they can hook you up!
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:13 AM