Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16, *** RAIN or SHINE ***
michael7810
post Aug 16 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #181

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 16 2018, 08:53 AM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 16 2018, 07:16 AM) *

Looking for a recommendation/ideas on where to get my oil changed once I get to Helen since I'm driving over 4K miles on the trip and already have 600 miles since last change. I'll bring the oil, filter and drain gasket so either need a place to do it myself or a shop I can trust. I plan to arrive in Helen on Thursday and depart on Sunday. TIA

Grab your filter leave the oil at home and win the case of Driven Racing Oil and your set. Pretty sure there will be ample support to do a parking lot oil change. For the Tech sessions we will be bringing floor jacks jack stands and such. So buy Steven Aki and Kelvin Knight a beer or two (they work cheap) and I and sure they can hook you up!

Outstanding! I use DT50 so if I'm able to score some at the event that will be great...beer will be provided. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 16 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

OK so this is pretty huge! Jerome of SPOKEWORKS Custom LED Solutions is providing some awesome prizes for this event!

Initial post had some confusing information. Thanks for catching that Steven!

First, how about a set of his custom LED rear brake lights for your 914?

Attached Image

Includes 2 brake boards, attachment clips, and screws for installation. Replaces brake light bulb. These things will get the attention of any one behind you!

As is that is not enough he is also sending as set for those of you that have 69 to 89 911s!

Attached Image

These things are 3x brighter than standard bulbs!

So if you haven't signed up get it one! Sign up closes August 24th!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 23 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Ugh! Was getting so close to being ready! Solved so many big problems then little nit picking things like the throttle cable jammed and broke. Got my spare which was rusty. No reason to install that! Had to order a new one. Might as well replace the clutch cable while I am there.

Amazing how some small things can result in large set backs.
+Quote Post
db9146
post Aug 23 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #184

Member No.: 3,315
Region Association: None

Mike, I know what you mean.

I started pulling my engine last night to address an alternator issue (-6). I'm going to be working hard to get it back in the car and the other items I'm finding along the way addressed in time.........wish me luck!
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Aug 23 2018, 07:00 PM
Post #185

Member No.: 15,452
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Rear main seal for me, may need to pull it again to reseal the transmission. Getting excited for the journey. On a side note the wifey wants to know the dress atire for the "banquet "? I told her casual so I'm asking to verify.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 23 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #186

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 23 2018, 09:00 PM) *
On a side note the wifey wants to know the dress atire for the "banquet "? I told her casual so I'm asking to verify.

Casual will work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 27 2018, 09:11 AM
Post #187

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

less than 3 weeks!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) still have a lot to do to get my car on the road, I DONT want to drive the boxster! i had help this past weekend and got some stuff done, getting close.... super excited to see everyone up in Helen again this year, and meet some of our parts suppliers , putting a face to the names, like BDSTONE and MATTY(Matt Whitesell) etc! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 27 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #188

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Aug 23 2018, 05:00 PM) *

Rear main seal for me, may need to pull it again to reseal the transmission. Getting excited for the journey. On a side note the wifey wants to know the dress atire for the "banquet "? I told her casual so I'm asking to verify.

OK so I will take replacing the cables over an engine drop!

Got everything together and did about 100 miles no issues! But I seem to be getting really bad gas mileage. I think it is due to the really bad ass sound the engine makes when the accelerator pedal is fully depressed. Got to figure out a way to make that stop! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Aug 29 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #189

Good news...transmission is back in, rear main seal done in 3 hours. Bad news front input shaft is leaking, found an intake leak, and an issue with the TPS. Pulled the the fuel system and trans back out, sent injectors out, ordered parts from AA (thanks George) and ready for the 3 day weekend to install, test and tune. That gives me a week to shake down and get any last minute items sorted out.

I'm hopefull all will fall inplace. Fingers crossed!
+Quote Post
914dave
post Aug 30 2018, 05:34 AM
Post #190

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Good luck with your projects Jon! Oil change this weekend plus a good once over for a 700 mile trip. So looking forward to meeting everyone.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 30 2018, 06:32 AM
Post #191

T4 Supercharged

This year's sticker.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post Aug 30 2018, 07:29 AM
Post #192

Member No.: 18,493

I had a great time last year and enjoyed meeting everyone but unfortunately I had hip replacement surgery last month and burned all my sick leave and vacation lying in bed (at least the hip is better). I'm looking forward to 2019. Have fun and drink one for me after the driving is completed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 31 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #193

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

For all those registered for Okteenerfest... WELCOME!!!

Email updates will start coming to your inbox soon once we update the email service account, but I wanted to throw a few things out there for those of you that are here on this thread:

NEW FOR OKTEENERFEST 2018

We have a few new things going on this year that we haven't done in the past:

- TECH SESSIONS: The brainchild of our very own wizard of the door prizes Michael Blizzard, and organized by Stephen Aki and Kelvin Knight, we will be holding a series of Tech Sessions throughout the weekend, each hosted or supported by one of our sponsors. More info will follow, but this is something exciting that brings a new dimension to Okteenerfest! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

- Speaking of New Dimension, how about DYNO PULLS!!! Jake Raby has graciously offered the use of his dyno for 5 lucky registrants to "See what they got" during the Friday lunch break at Raby's Aircooled Technologies. If you want to have your car run on the dyno, there will be sign up tickets at registration where you will also guess what Horsepower your car will do! Then at lunch on Friday we will pull 5 names and those people will get a few Free Dyno pulls! We will have awards for: Most Horsepower, Least Horsepower and whoever guesses closest to the actual HP number! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

- TECH QUIZ: Something we started last year and run by Clay and Betty Perrine, we will once again be doing the Tech Quiz during the Car Show. This year, we will have trophies for both Men AND Women, so ladies come on out and test your tech knowledge (or just guess...that's what I do!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

We will also have a Raffle for a really sweet Porsche 911 RSR canvas print, with all proceeds going to Operation Motorsport - a charity that helps ill and injured medically discharged military veterans integrate into motorsports activities to continue their rehabilitation. We'll have more info on that at Registration. Tickets will be $10. Print is 40" x 30".
www.operationmotorsport.org

Attached Image

More updates to follow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 31 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #194

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I gave up trying to get a 914 ready, now I'm just trying to buy a Cayenne.

Shoe
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 1 2018, 08:05 AM
Post #195

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:38 PM) *

Shoe

How many 914s are in your barn? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 1 2018, 06:03 PM
Post #196

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:38 PM) *

Shoe

Shouldn't you buy a Porsche instead? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Sep 3 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #197

OK... looking for some help, I spent the weekend sorting out the car, trans is all sealed up, vacuum leaks all sorted. I am still having an issue with power. It starts and runs, but the idle is low and very un responsive. I'm convinced it something simple. Any one here sorted out a 1.7 FI, I checked all grounds and connections in the harness. I am going to check the valves tomorrow evening, I was thinking maybe the FI triggers points might be acting up. also replaced the throttle cable is there an adjustment for wide open? Thinking maybe the Throttle Switch is set up correctly. I am available all the time, down to the wire to make this work, really want to make the trip in the 914.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to all input.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 6 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #198

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095

Looking forward to the event this year! Not sure if l’ll be able to join everyone for the rest of the event, but lunch on Friday at my place will be good! l just had my 88’ Carrera ceramic coated, so l might drag my tail along on Saturday :-)

We will be ready. See y’all soon!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #199

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Sep 3 2018, 06:57 PM) *

OK... looking for some help, I spent the weekend sorting out the car, trans is all sealed up, vacuum leaks all sorted. I am still having an issue with power. It starts and runs, but the idle is low and very un responsive. I'm convinced it something simple. Any one here sorted out a 1.7 FI, I checked all grounds and connections in the harness. I am going to check the valves tomorrow evening, I was thinking maybe the FI triggers points might be acting up. also replaced the throttle cable is there an adjustment for wide open? Thinking maybe the Throttle Switch is set up correctly. I am available all the time, down to the wire to make this work, really want to make the trip in the 914.

do you have an extra set of points? i do if you need them, same for the 1.7 d-jet as with the 2.0. . sounds like it could be just a timing thing, more i for might help- MPS is good?
points or fi points , timing, -hm.... anyway hope you get it figured out- i wont even have a chance to fire mine up until saturday. getting the last of it sorted out tomorrow then we’ll see! Good luck.
+Quote Post
lvnzdrm
post Sep 7 2018, 05:31 AM
Post #200

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2018, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Sep 3 2018, 06:57 PM) *

do you have an extra set of points? i do if you need them, same for the 1.7 d-jet as with the 2.0. . sounds like it could be just a timing thing, more i for might help- MPS is good?
points or fi points , timing, -hm.... anyway hope you get it figured out- i wont even have a chance to fire mine up until saturday. getting the last of it sorted out tomorrow then we’ll see! Good luck.

Working on points and timing, everything points to it. I'm hopeful I can get sorted, not ready to throw in the towel yet. Long days at work and nights in the garage, I have Sunday to get it done. Thanks for the support and I hope to have the car there!
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:10 AM