Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16, *** RAIN or SHINE ***
stevend914
post Mar 14 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,670
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 13 2018, 08:13 PM) *

1,877 miles PHX to Helen, Okteenerfest is on my bucket list and this might be the year.

Let me know at Route 66 if you plan to drive Tail of the Dragon (about 100 miles north of Helen). I'll bring a map I have of the area showing other nice driving roads in that area, some nicer and less crowded than the Dragon.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Mar 14 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Mar 14 2018, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 13 2018, 08:13 PM) *

1,877 miles PHX to Helen, Okteenerfest is on my bucket list and this might be the year.

Let me know at Route 66 if you plan to drive Tail of the Dragon (about 100 miles north of Helen). I'll bring a map I have of the area showing other nice driving roads in that area, some nicer and less crowded than the Dragon.

Roger that. Thanks
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 15 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #23

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

OK.. I am going to bump this thread because I have to tell y'all about the dream I just had. I have been pushing really hard on my car to get it up and running for the trip, so maybe that affected the dream.

Betty and I were at the hotel in Helen, GA trying to pack the cars to come home from Okteenerfest, but we are encountering a bit of resistance. Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths. They are throwing already cooked steaks (medium rare) at us. Nadine is in a black full formal floor length dress, including the elbow length black gloves, yelling at them to get out of the way.

OK. I agree. I have WEIRD dreams. But it is about 914s and Okteenerfest so I had to share it.

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 15 2018, 11:16 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 09:05 AM) *

OK.. I am going to bump this thread because I have to tell y'all about the dream I just had. I have been pushing really hard on my car to get it up and running for the trip, so maybe that affected the dream.

Betty and I were at the hotel in Helen, GA trying to pack the cars to come home from Okteenerfest, but we are encountering a bit of resistance. Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths. They are throwing already cooked steaks (medium rare) at us. Nadine is in a black full formal floor length dress, including the elbow length black gloves, yelling at them to get out of the way.

OK. I agree. I have WEIRD dreams. But it is about 914s and Okteenerfest so I had to share it.

I can recommend a good therapist because even in a dream you cant un-see that!
+Quote Post
rgolia
post May 15 2018, 11:30 AM
Post #25

GeoJoe

Member No.: 11,329
Region Association: North East States

I was planning to attend and after reading about that dream attendance is a must. Dreams do come true and I got to see that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 15 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 11:05 AM) *

I can't really imagine Bob doing that, but Bill - absolutely! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post May 15 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I plan on making it out this year with my car. With that long of a trip, I am going to stop in Colorado for Red Rocks on the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post May 15 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #28

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 01:05 PM) *

.... Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths...

sorry to disappoint anyone, but I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen at Okteenerfest this year.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

But come anyway...plenty of other interesting sights to see... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Jamie
post May 15 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 09:05 AM) *

OK Clay, you must have been smokin' some bad stuff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 15 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(naro914 @ May 15 2018, 02:38 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 15 2018, 01:05 PM) *

.... Bob Saville and Bill Dunster are dressed in Pink Tutus, including pink tights. Above the waist they are dressed in smoking jackets which are smoking more than the cigars in their mouths...

sorry to disappoint anyone, but I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen at Okteenerfest this year.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

But come anyway...plenty of other interesting sights to see... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I have one word ...... photoshop. Stephen can we make this happen???
+Quote Post
BENBRO02
post May 16 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 18,493
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm planning on making it again this year (driving the 914 instead of the MX-5). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post May 16 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #32

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

BE WARNED... YOU CANNOT UNSEE THIS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Matty900
post May 17 2018, 01:24 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 06:54 PM) *

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 17 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 08:54 PM) *

Attached Image

I darn near spit my cheerios all over the computer screen!!! All Betty could say is "Oh my God" over and over.

She also asked if you are going to have posters and T-Shirts available for sale???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post May 17 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 17 2018, 04:35 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 16 2018, 08:54 PM) *

Attached Image

I darn near spit my cheerios all over the computer screen!!! All Betty could say is "Oh my God" over and over.

She also asked if you are going to have posters and T-Shirts available for sale???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I was so disturbed that I did not even see Betty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

I feel slightly ill!
+Quote Post
Betty
post May 18 2018, 09:58 PM
Post #36

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

Stephen, calling you a world class artist doesn't do you or your work justice.

In your latest tour de force, your depiction of Bob and Bill speaks of your ability to convey feeling through gesture and expression, a la Rembrandt. The gentle, ethereal smoke wafting from their 'smoking' jackets demonstrates your supreme mastery of the depiction of light, only hinted at in works by J. M. W. Turner or Delacroix. The... whatever it is... peeking out... immediately calls to mind the surrealism of Dali or even the palette of Van Gogh (during his 'Pink' phase of course). And those floating steaks - they just revel in the thought provoking artistry of Magritte. Finally; there is your piece de resistance - the pink tutu gracing Bill's form. It just shouts of Toulouse-Latrec's wondrous ballet themed masterpieces.

I bow to your artistry. I salute your mastery of the artsy-fartsy stuff. You Sir - are an Artistic God Among Men!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post May 19 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #37

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I was thinking the floating steaks were more Dali-esque and the whatever peeking out was more of a Ron Jeremy influence during his pink phase.... in theory anyway... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Sorry Betty! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post May 19 2018, 07:06 AM
Post #38

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419

QUOTE(Betty @ May 18 2018, 11:58 PM) *
Stephen, calling you a world class artist doesn't do you or your work justice.

In your latest tour de force, your depiction of Bob and Bill speaks of your ability to convey feeling through gesture and expression, a la Rembrandt. The gentle, ethereal smoke wafting from their 'smoking' jackets demonstrates your supreme mastery of the depiction of light, only hinted at in works by J. M. W. Turner or Delacroix. The... whatever it is... peeking out... immediately calls to mind the surrealism of Dali or even the palette of Van Gogh (during his 'Pink' phase of course). And those floating steaks - they just revel in the thought provoking artistry of Magritte. Finally; there is your piece de resistance - the pink tutu gracing Bill's form. It just shouts of Toulouse-Latrec's wondrous ballet themed masterpieces.

I bow to your artistry. I salute your mastery of the artsy-fartsy stuff. You Sir - are an Artistic God Among Men!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Love the critique (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Peashooter
post May 19 2018, 08:04 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 13,903
Region Association: None

Thinking of going to the event, but can't find out how/where to register. When I click on the link in the signature line to Okteenerfest 2018, all I get is the info for last year. I signed up for the email link but never get anything. Is it still on?
+Quote Post
bahnzai
post May 19 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 6,509

I am in again.
Great venue and event!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 AM