Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2018 - Sept. 13-16, *** RAIN or SHINE ***
Betty
post Sep 11 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #261

Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,255
Region Association: South East States

Wow! At least you're 'pre-disastered' now so nothing else bad will happen, right! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

If you need/want the help, Clay's an electrical wizard and will have his multimeter, etc. with him. He says there's a Napa right around the corner too.

We'll have the time in the morning if you want to look at it - if we leave too early we'll just run into rush hour traffic. If the weather doesn't cooperate you could even come to the house so we can look at it in the garage. We'll be up super early so don't hesitate to call Clay's cell phone if you want to do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Sep 11 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #262

Member No.: 13,164
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 11 2018, 07:15 PM) *

Wow! At least you're 'pre-disastered' now so nothing else bad will happen, right! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

If you need/want the help, Clay's an electrical wizard and will have his multimeter, etc. with him. He says there's a Napa right around the corner too.

We'll have the time in the morning if you want to look at it - if we leave too early we'll just run into rush hour traffic. If the weather doesn't cooperate you could even come to the house so we can look at it in the garage. We'll be up super early so don't hesitate to call Clay's cell phone if you want to do that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)

...and what might Clay’s cell number be?
+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 11 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #263

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

PM sent.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Sep 12 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #264

Member No.: 16,126

You guys realize the latest forecast states Flo is turning to the southwest? Be careful out there.
+Quote Post
Dion
post Sep 12 2018, 01:11 PM
Post #265

RN

Member No.: 2,766
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Wishing you guys good karma. Gonna be tricky,be safe! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pat.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 12 2018, 02:21 PM
Post #266

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

4:20 on Wednesday and the forecast still is pretty OK...

Attached Image

An email went out to all registrants with updates, so check your email. I'm not sure how else to communicate with everyone before you get there.

Basically - not much has changed but things are in flux so stay tuned.

If you are NOT getting the emails, please let me know.

+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 12 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #267

Losing my mind...

I've gotten a few people tell me they are not going to make it because of the storm. We are really sorry you're not coming but we understand. Once again...outside influences are affecting Okteenerfest....

For those that do not make it, we will certainly send you your T-Shirts - and probably your registration packets since I don't want them!

Again, sorry to hear those that can't make it. FYI, we will not be in Helen next year - in fact we have no clue what we're doing next year.... but we hope to see you in the future.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 12 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #268

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I'm out. Latest track has it passing right over my weekday house. Three hurricanes in three years! Between my house and other properties up here there's no way I can be gone. Not to mention driving back Sunday right into the teeth of the storm!

Maybe Phil can pick up my goodies and the drop links I bought?

Attached Image
+Quote Post
michael7810
post Sep 12 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #269

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 11 2018, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 10 2018, 08:50 PM) *

Day 1: 435 miles Phoenix to El Paso. Smooth sailing until I got to El Paso and the freeway was closed. Finally go back on and there was a sign saying freeway closed all traffic take airport exit which luckily is where my hotel is. That means I’ll have to go through another detour in the morning when I depart for Dallas. Glad I didn’t try to make it to Dallas on Day 1.

Day 2: 615 miles El Paso to DFW. Another mostly uneventful drive. 20 miles from the motel a box the size of a washing machine flew out of the pickup in front of me and there was nowhere to go but through it. It was cardboard and other than scaring the shit out of me there doesn’t appear to be any car damage. Noticed my rt headlamp is out and both fuses are blown. Dudes hanging out in the Motel6 parking lot look way scary for me to be put there troubleshooting. I’ll address the short another day.
Meeting Clay, Betty and banjoey tomorrow AM for the remainder of the drive to Helen.
I need a beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Day 3: 548 miles DFW to Livingston, AL. Kinda fixed the headlamp. Now I have 1 low beam but 2 hi beams. Maybe tomorrow I’ll fix the other low beam. Seems like the LED module is causing the intermittent short. It stopped blowing fuses when we unplugged it and now it half works (Matt if you see this before you leave home can you bring me a replacement? Muchas Gracias). Otherwise an uneventful drive for me but not for Bill. Hope he gets his electrical issues sorted and makes it to Helen. Thanks to Clay and Betty for being my wingman/woman today. I’ve met many nice people in the 8 years (tomorrow) of 914 ownership and they are right up there with the best.
3 day total is 1598 miles according to Google.
Tonight I had a beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
aharder
post Sep 12 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #270

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,524

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 12 2018, 06:49 PM) *

I'm out. Latest track has it passing right over my weekday house. Three hurricanes in three years! Between my house and other properties up here there's no way I can be gone. Not to mention driving back Sunday right into the teeth of the storm!

Attached Image

Bill,

Hoping this doesn't hit you too hard !
Good Luck
+Quote Post
aharder
post Sep 12 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #271

Advanced Member

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 12 2018, 08:42 PM) *

Day 1: 435 miles Phoenix to El Paso. Smooth sailing until I got to El Paso and the freeway was closed. Finally go back on and there was a sign saying freeway closed all traffic take airport exit which luckily is where my hotel is. That means I’ll have to go through another detour in the morning when I depart for Dallas. Glad I didn’t try to make it to Dallas on Day 1.

Day 2: 615 miles El Paso to DFW. Another mostly uneventful drive. 20 miles from the motel a box the size of a washing machine flew out of the pickup in front of me and there was nowhere to go but through it. It was cardboard and other than scaring the shit out of me there doesn’t appear to be any car damage. Noticed my rt headlamp is out and both fuses are blown. Dudes hanging out in the Motel6 parking lot look way scary for me to be put there troubleshooting. I’ll address the short another day.
Meeting Clay, Betty and banjoey tomorrow AM for the remainder of the drive to Helen.

Day 3: 548 miles DFW to Livingston, AL. Kinda fixed the headlamp. Now I have 1 low beam but 2 hi beams. Maybe tomorrow I’ll fix the other low beam. Seems like the LED module is causing the intermittent short. It stopped blowing fuses when we unplugged it and now it half works (Matt if you see this before you leave home can you bring me a replacement? Muchas Gracias). Otherwise an uneventful drive for me but not for Bill. Hope he gets his electrical issues sorted and makes it to Helen. Thanks to Clay and Betty for being my wingman/woman today. I’ve met many nice people in the 8 years (tomorrow) of 914 ownership and they are right up there with the best.

Thanks for the updates Michael !
I would love to drive mine 1500+ miles. Just not there yet. Maybe next year !
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Sep 12 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #272

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE(aharder @ Sep 12 2018, 06:35 PM) *

Attached Image

Bill,

Hoping this doesn't hit you to hard !
Good Luck

With this projected rain coverage, I will most likely be driving in rain Sunday all the way from Helen to home in Lexington KY. Mistress is gonna' get wet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
aharder
post Sep 12 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #273

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 12 2018, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(aharder @ Sep 12 2018, 06:35 PM) *

Attached Image

Bill,

Hoping this doesn't hit you to hard !
Good Luck

With this projected rain coverage, I will most likely be driving in rain Sunday all the way from Helen to home in Lexington KY. Mistress is gonna' get wet! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

Just think about how much fun it will be drying her off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Sep 13 2018, 12:07 AM
Post #274

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It was not looking good for me making it again this year. Did not get to drive out but I booked a flight last night and will be making it to Atlanta in the afternoon. Since I can't drive my car, I rented something fun and will probably wait for Bruce Stone and his son to get in a c carpool up with me. See you tomorrow! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
914dave
post Sep 13 2018, 03:43 AM
Post #275

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

Glad you’re coming Matt! Question for the group. Are there any self serve car washes in Helen? I need to get the road kill off of Smokey. Spray detailer ain’t gonna do it! Was even pulling chicken feathers out of the oil cooler screen from following a death truck on the road. Thought it was snow flurrying. Haha
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 13 2018, 05:13 AM
Post #276

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(914dave @ Sep 13 2018, 05:43 AM) *

Glad you’re coming Matt! Question for the group. Are there any self serve car washes in Helen? I need to get the road kill off of Smokey. Spray detailer ain’t gonna do it! Was even pulling chicken feathers out of the oil cooler screen from following a death truck on the road. Thought it was snow flurrying. Haha

We will have a car wash area set up at the hotel (hose, towels, and I believe other cleaning products provided from one of our sponsors.)

Gonna be a busy place!
+Quote Post
914dave
post Sep 13 2018, 05:14 AM
Post #277

914 Addict

Member No.: 1,262
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 13 2018, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(914dave @ Sep 13 2018, 05:43 AM) *

We will have a car wash area set up at the hotel (hose, towels, and I believe other cleaning products provided from one of our sponsors.)

Gonna be a busy place!

Ok thanks
+Quote Post
cashiersjm
post Sep 13 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #278

Member No.: 11,100

I'll be heading for Helen around noon or 1PM & will bring an extra umbrella cover
for someone in need. It will be great to see everyone again.
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Sep 13 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #279

Ronin Member

Member No.: 11,232
Region Association: None

Got the oil changed and the parking brake unstuck. Still can't leave Montgomery until 4:00 this afternoon, so not gonna make it to Helen until Friday morning...I didn't even bother to book my hotel room in Helen for tonight. I'll try to make it past Atlanta this evening before it gets dark and roll out early Friday morning.

+Quote Post
michael7810
post Sep 13 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #280

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 12 2018, 05:42 PM) *

Day 4: I made it to Helen. Easy 336 mile day with a stop at Barber Motorsports Park. Only had a couple hours in the Vintage Museum which is a day short of how much time I would like to spend there. Started the day by locking the keys in the car but luckily the passenger window was cracked and Betty had a coat hanger. I love how cool my car runs in this part of the country. At least 25F cooler oil and CHT. Trip meter rolled past 914 for the second time about the time I crossed the Georgia state line. 4 day total is 1934 miles. Now to rest up for tomorrow’s fun drive. That’s it for me. I won’t bore you with details of the return trip unless something noteworthy happens. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:49 PM