Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear wheel bearing races, How do you remove em????
mike_the_man
post Jun 4 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #1

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

I'm doing my rear wheel bearings, and I just finished reading Eric Shea's procedure on replacing them. I understand everything, except how to remove the races. Eric says that you should see a lip, but I see no lip. I'm assuming that the races press out from the rear, and come out the front of the hub, right? So how do I get a punch into ththe deep hole on the back of the control arm to get out the race? I guess a really long punch is needed? Or am I looking at this totally wrong? Help!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mike_the_man   Rear wheel bearing races   Jun 4 2005, 04:54 PM
d914   big socket on an extension and a 5lb bfh. I bought...   Jun 4 2005, 04:56 PM
Eric_Shea   You should see a lip there Chief. It's a smal...   Jun 4 2005, 04:58 PM
Eric_Shea     Jun 4 2005, 05:00 PM
mike_the_man   Ok, there may have been a really really small lip....   Jun 4 2005, 05:01 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:06 PM