Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Koni sport shock going clunk clunk...
si2t3m
post Jul 10 2003, 08:53 PM
Post #1

914 addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

Re ajusted the rear brakes tonight to .004 and started looking for the clunk I have in the rear for the passengers side. I finally isolated it to the shock itself. I also noticed that i can bonce that side pretty much compared to the other side. I tought that it might be that this one was ajusted softer than the other. Put the knob on and the ajuster doesn't move... Sh!t.

DE is in a week (21-22-23).

Any bright ideas??? I'm ready to tear it apart if i have to but i don't think i can.

Shocks are 2 years old. Shock never bottomed out, and i have those bump stops too.

I just contacted koni but i think that it is shot.

Marc-André
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Jul 10 2003, 10:17 PM
Post #2

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

Did you over torque it? The top nut should be about 45 or 50 lbs. The lower should be about 80, I think. My front drivers side strut came loose in the housing (the top nut that holds it in the housing came loose) so it was clunking...
+Quote Post
si2t3m
post Jul 11 2003, 01:16 PM
Post #3

914 addict

Member No.: 119

Well the shock is acting weird but i'll sure check the torque on the nuts.

Koni support told me that i've most likely bottomed it out if the ajuster isn't working anymore and that it used to. I got bump stops, didn't go agricultural, didn't hit a curb, no external damage to the shock...

To be on the safe side, i've ordered another shock last night. I'll deal with the bad one afterwards.

Marc-André
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:44 AM