Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni sport shock going clunk clunk...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
si2t3m
Re ajusted the rear brakes tonight to .004 and started looking for the clunk I have in the rear for the passengers side. I finally isolated it to the shock itself. I also noticed that i can bonce that side pretty much compared to the other side. I tought that it might be that this one was ajusted softer than the other. Put the knob on and the ajuster doesn't move... Sh!t.

DE is in a week (21-22-23).

Any bright ideas??? I'm ready to tear it apart if i have to but i don't think i can.

Shocks are 2 years old. Shock never bottomed out, and i have those bump stops too.

I just contacted koni but i think that it is shot.

Marc-André
ChrisReale
Did you over torque it? The top nut should be about 45 or 50 lbs. The lower should be about 80, I think. My front drivers side strut came loose in the housing (the top nut that holds it in the housing came loose) so it was clunking...
si2t3m
Well the shock is acting weird but i'll sure check the torque on the nuts.

Koni support told me that i've most likely bottomed it out if the ajuster isn't working anymore and that it used to. I got bump stops, didn't go agricultural, didn't hit a curb, no external damage to the shock...

To be on the safe side, i've ordered another shock last night. I'll deal with the bad one afterwards.

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.