Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> SOLD Gold ‘72 914 restoration project 43K Miles SOLD
FelixHolst
post Apr 2 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,172
Region Association: Southern California

Hi Guys,

I’m selling a Gold ‘72 914 that i’ve been holding onto for a little while but ive come to the realization i have too much going on to get to it.

Its a VERY original car. With Only 43K on the clock everything is there and its in great, un messed with, condition. Ive got lots of p photos of the trunk areas and interior that speak for themselves. Pretty much every part is how it should be, the rubber seals are in great condition, interior is unmessed with and its a great color.

The bad bit is that it needs rockers (sills)....these need to be completely redone....floors look pretty solid but rockers are completely rotted out on each side.. There is a lot of surface rust under the battery tray but it doesn’t seem to be rusted through and there is rust in the passenger fender at the top but it doesn’t seem to be in the structure beneath the windscreen.

It also needs the fuel system going through, gummed up with years of sitting. My intention was to replace the structural metal that it’s needed, drop in a hot motor and run it with the Patina.

I couldn’t bring my self to break this car. Its just too complete and original and the inner metal work is so clean. This is definitely not your usual sun baked, messed with project. If you want a good restoration candidate this car would make a wonderful starting point.

If you want to see more picks i can e mail them to you

I’d like to get $4500 but I’m open to offers.Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
FelixHolst   SOLD Gold ‘72 914 restoration project 43K Miles SOLD   Apr 2 2018, 01:48 PM
FelixHolst   [   Apr 2 2018, 01:49 PM
FelixHolst   Trunk area.....almost factory clean.   Apr 2 2018, 01:51 PM
FelixHolst   Rockers are shot....floors dont seem too bad.   Apr 2 2018, 01:52 PM
FelixHolst   Interior is exactly as you’d expect from a 43K M...   Apr 2 2018, 01:53 PM
Tdskip   PM sent   Apr 2 2018, 02:09 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:59 PM