Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Energy Saving R40-type Flood Lights, Need Help
Qarl
post Jun 7 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

Our electric bills have been too friggin high.

We have lots and lots of can lights in the ceilings. I pulled a bulb today and we have 75 watt Philips Flood 40 lights. They are 3.75" in diameter so I think they are R30s, although the "Flood 40" is a bit confusing.

I think we are generating a lot of heat in the ceiling. Now we don't use the ceiling lights all the time, and we turn things off when we aren't in the room, but I am sure that the multitude of bulbs x 75 watts x hours of burning add up.

I am looking for an energy-saving, efficient flood-type bulb to replace the 40 or so bulbs in the ceilings.

I notice there are a number of types of replacements that are energy efficient, including flourescent, Halogen-IR, Metal Hallide, etc.

Anybody been their done that?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jun 7 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #2

retired

Group: Members
Member No.: 313

Karl, one thing to try is:

motion activated lights.... they only come on when you are in the room,. I have sensors in my kitchen and living room

it works well

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:28 PM