Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> need help with checking a car!, in hawthorne, CA
alexkirkham
post Apr 25 2018, 06:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,066
Region Association: None

hello, this is a plea for some help!

I'm new to the forum as I have only recently thought that buying a 914 would be a good idea. And I'm in the UK - lots of carbed cars, and plenty of rain and rust.

I'm after a car in a non metallic colour with working injection and ideally excellent condition / recent resto (I know everyone else is too!). And there is this orange car in hawthorne, CA that looks great... see: http://lticars.com/

however, it is ringing some alarm bells! Firstly, it's all shiny but there are no actual pictures of the resto available and there are no pics of the hell hole or rockers available. It's just possible that it hides deep problems. And secondly the seller's got some poor feedback on yelp!

But this isn't necessarily the end of the world: it just means I have to be very careful. And basically I wouldn't do it without someone with some experience having a look...

So firstly, anyone got any advice? And secondly, does anyone fancy going to have a look at it for me if they live close?? I'd be incredibly grateful. I'd make it worth your while (though I suspect that most of the folk on here are not motivated by that!)

thanks, in hope,

alex
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:40 AM