Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where does the oil temp wire go in the cabin?
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jun 8 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #1

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Group: Members
Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

Looking under my 2.0L engine I discovered I must have an oil temp sender. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the '74 model year the wiring looks correct for an oil temp gauge (wire colors & single wire connector in engine bay). After reading the book by Dr. B. Johnson, "The 914 & 914/6 PORSCHE", I've determined that my '73 (originally a 1.7L engine) was bought with the appearance option and the oil temp was also an option. Also, the wiring for the sender runs into the wiring harness in the engine bay. My question is, where does it re-appear in the cabin?

I have a combination oil temp/fuel level gauge that I can install but I don't know where the wire terminates in the cabin. Under the dash? In the floor where a center console would be had the car been a 2.0L? Help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 8 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

It's the green/black wire that goes to the center console, right near the shifter.
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Jun 8 2005, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,432

yeah its the same wire as the gauge in your dash. You will have to unplug the dash wire to plug in the consule gauge. I wired both together, but im not sure if that is going to mess w/ the resistance, so for now my dash gauge is just plugged in.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:19 PM