Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does the oil temp wire go in the cabin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
Looking under my 2.0L engine I discovered I must have an oil temp sender. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the '74 model year the wiring looks correct for an oil temp gauge (wire colors & single wire connector in engine bay). After reading the book by Dr. B. Johnson, "The 914 & 914/6 PORSCHE", I've determined that my '73 (originally a 1.7L engine) was bought with the appearance option and the oil temp was also an option. Also, the wiring for the sender runs into the wiring harness in the engine bay. My question is, where does it re-appear in the cabin?

I have a combination oil temp/fuel level gauge that I can install but I don't know where the wire terminates in the cabin. Under the dash? In the floor where a center console would be had the car been a 2.0L? Help!
McMark
It's the green/black wire that goes to the center console, right near the shifter.
xsboost90
yeah its the same wire as the gauge in your dash. You will have to unplug the dash wire to plug in the consule gauge. I wired both together, but im not sure if that is going to mess w/ the resistance, so for now my dash gauge is just plugged in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.