Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please attach your drool bib
Dave-O
post Jun 8 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #21

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Very nice Brian!!!

Hopefully I'll make it down there this summer to check it out.

Happy 914ing,

David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jun 8 2005, 10:36 PM
Post #22

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Boy, those are nice. I'll haveta wait until next year- sometime after I get Redbeard to rebuild my transmission
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Jun 8 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #23

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Can the Rennshift be adjusted when installed in the car? JLO came with a Rennshift and I'll be damned if I can shift it. The first to second grinds the hell out of reverse and if I push it a little to the center I catch 4th instead of 2nd....no fun at the moment...can't shift very fast.

Of course I'm the guy who missed the 3rd to 4th shift at Buttonwillow and blew my motor....so I guess it could be a user problem.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Seriously, can I adjust the tension down or is there a secret "wrist motion" to it?

Bill P. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 8 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #24

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Undo the bolt at the end of the shifter under the console. Rotate rod to the passenger side and re tighten. You have your shifter adjusted wrong at the union from the Rennshifter to the tunnel shift rod.

The easiest way to adjust is to find third (center, bottom. It gives you two of the axis there), loosen the bolt mentiooned above and place the shifter lever where third should be (dead center lower), re tighten bolt. Enjoy.
+Quote Post
JWest
post Jun 9 2005, 06:26 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 97
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 8 2005, 11:48 PM)
Undo the bolt at the end of the shifter under the console. Rotate rod to the passenger side and re tighten. You have your shifter adjusted wrong at the union from the Rennshifter to the tunnel shift rod.

The easiest way to adjust is to find third (center, bottom. It gives you two of the axis there), loosen the bolt mentiooned above and place the shifter lever where third should be (dead center lower), re tighten bolt. Enjoy.

Good desciption. Thanks. Additionally, if the linkage is bad (loose set screws, bad bushings) then the RennShift will never work right.

The whole point of the RennShift is to make shifting intuitive - so there is no "trick" to finding the gears.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:34 PM