Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOT: Owning a car you cannot afford to fix?, Wrecked McClaren collecting dust :(
Mueller
post May 8 2018, 10:41 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Went to a B-Day party over the weekend and got to talking to the host , they own a few high end vehicles such as an Audi R8 (V10) , a Huracan and a few other cars. I gather they buy cars that need fixing and he fixes them himself to save a bunch of money.

While checking out the Audi I noticed the wrecked McClaren which belongs to someone else (not the B-day host) .... apparently the car has been sitting there for a few months untouched since the owner doesn't have the $ to fix it.

I'm guessing the front end damage wasn't turned into insurance.

Glad I have full coverage on my nice daily drivers and if the 914 got a fender smacked I could replace it myself and afford to fix most anything on it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post May 8 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

At least they own a Mclaren! They can keep it in the dehumidified garage, keep it clean and waxed, and tell everyone that they own one, and it will be a true statement! Many own beat rusty classics having no hope, inclination or funds to restore them, just to say that they own one, yet if asked will NEVER sell.

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 8 2018, 09:41 AM) *

Went to a B-Day party over the weekend and got to talking to the host , they own a few high end vehicles such as an Audi R8 (V10) , a Huracan and a few other cars. I gather they buy cars that need fixing and he fixes them himself to save a bunch of money.

While checking out the Audi I noticed the wrecked McClaren which belongs to someone else (not the B-day host) .... apparently the car has been sitting there for a few months untouched since the owner doesn't have the $ to fix it.

I'm guessing the front end damage wasn't turned into insurance.

Glad I have full coverage on my nice daily drivers and if the 914 got a fender smacked I could replace it myself and afford to fix most anything on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:11 PM