Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Owning a car you cannot afford to fix?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Went to a B-Day party over the weekend and got to talking to the host , they own a few high end vehicles such as an Audi R8 (V10) , a Huracan and a few other cars. I gather they buy cars that need fixing and he fixes them himself to save a bunch of money.

While checking out the Audi I noticed the wrecked McClaren which belongs to someone else (not the B-day host) .... apparently the car has been sitting there for a few months untouched since the owner doesn't have the $ to fix it.

I'm guessing the front end damage wasn't turned into insurance.

Glad I have full coverage on my nice daily drivers and if the 914 got a fender smacked I could replace it myself and afford to fix most anything on it.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
At least they own a Mclaren! They can keep it in the dehumidified garage, keep it clean and waxed, and tell everyone that they own one, and it will be a true statement! Many own beat rusty classics having no hope, inclination or funds to restore them, just to say that they own one, yet if asked will NEVER sell.

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 8 2018, 09:41 AM) *

Went to a B-Day party over the weekend and got to talking to the host , they own a few high end vehicles such as an Audi R8 (V10) , a Huracan and a few other cars. I gather they buy cars that need fixing and he fixes them himself to save a bunch of money.

While checking out the Audi I noticed the wrecked McClaren which belongs to someone else (not the B-day host) .... apparently the car has been sitting there for a few months untouched since the owner doesn't have the $ to fix it.

I'm guessing the front end damage wasn't turned into insurance.

Glad I have full coverage on my nice daily drivers and if the 914 got a fender smacked I could replace it myself and afford to fix most anything on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.