Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-Jetronic Bull-Shnizit, ...whats the deal?
Bezerker420
post Jun 9 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,089

what do i do?

just bought a STOCK BEAUTIFUL '72 1.7FI

always had carbs......it runs soooooooo smooth with the FI that im not ready to throw in the towel for my 40's...........yet, or should I?

it runs nice.....but i actually expected more power outta a porsche (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

my old bugs 1776cc had HELLA more headsnapping action....?? mebbe its the FI being weird? *crossing fingers*

it's mostly fine....but sometimes after coming off crusing speed for a bit, [5-10 min.....i live in WAY northern california, humboldt county, almost oregon, sea level, not to far to drive till i get to where im goin...so it never gets much workout...] it will stall out when it drops to idle.... then every time, till later after not being driven for a bit....the last few blocks home after getting off the highway is usually pretty aggro...

the other day tooling around Eureka, it was stalling out @ every red light & stop sign, i had to keep my foot on da gas to kep her from chokin out...

i bought a haynes mannual for my car already, but it says D-Jets you cant really do shit too.....so where am i left? i have nice carbs that can be dropped in an afternoon, but id like to rectify this insted if possible..

i ran 2 cans of chemtool injector cleaner through it with premium gas always [my old motor's builder said with the compression in it i should run hi-test]....should i run preimum in the 914 too? and it did feel better i think after those bottles of cleaner....

what now ?

thnks

-JD

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Bezerker420   D-Jetronic Bull-Shnizit   Jun 9 2005, 01:33 PM
Bezerker420   BTW....the woman didnt come with the car......that...   Jun 9 2005, 01:35 PM
type47   well, line up for the -6 conversion.... <...   Jun 9 2005, 03:18 PM
Bezerker420   these things would cause a degredation in proforma...   Jun 9 2005, 06:47 PM
Mueller   have you checked the timing to ensure that it is c...   Jun 9 2005, 06:52 PM
Mueller   a '72 doesn't really have smog stuff to wo...   Jun 9 2005, 06:55 PM
Bezerker420   there arent any turbo kits for 914's been made...   Jun 19 2005, 02:51 AM
Bleyseng   ...   Jun 20 2005, 04:24 PM
Brando   You can also easily build up a good replacement TI...   Jun 20 2005, 04:39 PM
wheelo   I Agree, check your TPS, and all components of FI ...   Jun 21 2005, 01:51 AM
Bezerker420   first off.....im am a convert from high performanc...   Jun 24 2005, 01:39 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:58 AM