Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cool 914 Model
Unobtanium-inc
post May 27 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

I was at a small toy store in NH today with the kids and saw this, pretty cool, wish I had more time.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tbrown4x4
post May 27 2018, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,338

I hope you bought it!
+Quote Post
wes
post May 27 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #3

wes

Member No.: 8,436
Region Association: Northern California

That’s there latest release you can buy them all day on line. The older models were starting to be lightly collectibles on till that one was released.
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post May 28 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #4

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

Wow, $24.99 for a plastic model kit! I am 70 yrs. old. When I was in my early teens building model cars, I think the going price for an AMT kit was $2.49! Good thing the real 914's didn't increase that much, that would mean $50,000 for a restored 914.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 28 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 28 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Wow, $24.99 for a plastic model kit! I am 70 yrs. old. When I was in my early teens building model cars, I think the going price for an AMT kit was $2.49! Good thing the real 914's didn't increase that much, that would mean $50,000 for a restored 914.

We are close to that now for “truely” restored.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post May 28 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

You could buy the kit and then get a 904 body to fit over the chassis?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 28 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 03:33 PM) *

Man, you really need to get some new material.
What makes you more worthy to appreciate a 914 model kit than me, or post here than me? I take my 914 out and represent at autocrosse's, winning my class even. And when I have surplus 914 stuff I give it away on this board. How many engines have you given away to local guys?
Hell, I've been on this board for 11 years, but still some dude like you is going to come along and act like a sarcastic bully, get a life man.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Jamie
post May 28 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 28 2018, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 03:33 PM) *

Man, you really need to get some new material.
What makes you more worthy to appreciate a 914 model kit than me, or post here than me? I take my 914 out and represent at autocrosse's, winning my class even. And when I have surplus 914 stuff I give it away on this board. How many engines have you given away to local guys?
Hell, I've been on this board for 11 years, but still some dude like you is going to come along and act like a sarcastic bully, get a life man.

What just happened to elicit that outrage??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post May 28 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

That's a cool Revell 914 kit, I have a similar kit from the 70's still boxed. In high school days...my Best friend's Dad owned a Toy W/D warehouse. It rained model cars, planes and ships at my house. AMT, Revell, Monogram, even Hubley 1/24th die cast metal kits. Today I collect Hot Wheels, Matchbox for kicks. Today at Fry's Electronics I almost got "Bait and Switched" on a hot wheels deal...gotta read the fine print (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Sign says $4.99 ea. So I grabbed 5. At the counter these scan for $9.99 ea. turns out the stockboy put the wrong cars with the wrong price card... EZ mistake on THEIR part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) =no sale
End of rantAttached Image
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post May 28 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I thought it was funny, I'm just joshing' you, Adam.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 28 2018, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 06:25 PM) *

I thought it was funny, I'm just joshing' you, Adam.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Sorry, still a little raw.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 28 2018, 08:36 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 06:22 PM) *

That's a cool Revell 914 kit, I have a similar kit from the 70's still boxed. In high school days...my Best friend's Dad owned a Toy W/D warehouse. It rained model cars, planes and ships at my house. AMT, Revell, Monogram, even Hubley 1/24th die cast metal kits. Today I collect Hot Wheels, Matchbox for kicks. Today at Fry's Electronics I almost got "Bait and Switched" on a hot wheels deal...gotta read the fine print (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Sign says $4.99 ea. So I grabbed 5. At the counter these scan for $9.99 ea. turns out the stockboy put the wrong cars with the wrong price card... EZ mistake on THEIR part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif) =no sale
End of rantAttached Image

I love collecting the little cars, it gives me something to hunt for in junk shops, they always have a bowl of cars, usually for $1. I built shelves in my office to display them, I don't think it's a problem...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post May 28 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

My fave place for these is my neighborhood Ralph's (Kroeger) market...10 for $10.00.
Just dropped in this eve for my dose of Hot wheels and found that these are now behind a locked glass case (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) That figures as the store was being pilfered by a homeless camp about 1/2 block away. Now key-code entry restrooms, 2 armed guards with 9's and my Hot wheels require a manager's key ( he's a gearhead too ) !
I approve of your office display Adam (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Attached Image
+Quote Post
RickS
post May 28 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 5,880

Lock them up! Lock them up!

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 09:19 PM) *

My fave place for these is my neighborhood Ralph's (Kroeger) market...10 for $10.00.
Just dropped in this eve for my dose of Hot wheels and found that these are now behind a locked glass case (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) That figures as the store was being pilfered by a homeless camp about 1/2 block away. Now key-code entry restrooms, 2 armed guards with 9's and my Hot wheels require a manager's key ( he's a gearhead too ) !
I approve of your office display Adam (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Attached Image

+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 28 2018, 11:05 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 08:19 PM) *

Thanks! I also hit Wal-Mart when I'm there with the kids, they love to dig with me in the big bins. The funniest time was I was doing it once and one of the Wal-Mart people came to help me, which I found kind of weird. After about 15 minutes she asked what we were doing, I said looking for Porsches, she asked why. I said I collect them and give them to Porsche friends. She asked, "Do you work here?" I said no, and then looked at what I was wearing, it just happened to be khaki pants and a blue shirt, so she thought I worked there, it was really funny. She was nice and continued to help looking for Porsches. Some days are better then others, but sometimes you can hit the motherload, I've filled hundreds if not thousands of gift bags with little Porsches, I even tried to by direct from Mattel but they have this weird rule that you have to have a storefront to buy from them.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 29 2018, 07:23 AM
Post #16

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

I know it will never happen, but I wish Fujimi, Tamiya or Hasegawa would offer a model of the 914. The old Revell kit leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to plastic injection molded model kits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
krazykonrad
post May 29 2018, 08:43 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 5,610

That model kit is way cool. Thanks for posting.

Konrad
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 29 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 28 2018, 06:18 AM) *

The only good news with this kit is you get to build 2 cars for that price.
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post May 29 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #19

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Member No.: 17,942

I posted the same pic of that Revell 914 model a couple months back but it really didn't get noticed I guess. Found it at a Hobby Lobby for $29.99 but you can get 40% off with your phone coupon making it about $18 which is a little more reasonable.

As for Walmat little cars I take a look when I am there but learned that there are guys who know exactly when the truck comes in and gets unloaded and are there waiting. Seldom see a Porsche matchbox or Hot Wheels for that reason. I'm just not that dedicated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Happy hunting!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post May 29 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 29 2018, 07:29 AM) *

I posted the same pic of that Revell 914 model a couple months back but it really didn't get noticed I guess. Found it at a Hobby Lobby for $29.99 but you can get 40% off with your phone coupon making it about $18 which is a little more reasonable.

As for Walmat little cars I take a look when I am there but learned that there are guys who know exactly when the truck comes in and gets unloaded and are there waiting. Seldom see a Porsche matchbox or Hot Wheels for that reason. I'm just not that dedicated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Happy hunting!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)

I've got a shit-ton so if anyone is missing the 914 from their collection let me know, I give them away in gift bags, so might as well give them away here.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:50 AM