Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool 914 Model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
I was at a small toy store in NH today with the kids and saw this, pretty cool, wish I had more time.
Tbrown4x4
I hope you bought it!
wes
That’s there latest release you can buy them all day on line. The older models were starting to be lightly collectibles on till that one was released.
Geezer914
Wow, $24.99 for a plastic model kit! I am 70 yrs. old. When I was in my early teens building model cars, I think the going price for an AMT kit was $2.49! Good thing the real 914's didn't increase that much, that would mean $50,000 for a restored 914.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 28 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Wow, $24.99 for a plastic model kit! I am 70 yrs. old. When I was in my early teens building model cars, I think the going price for an AMT kit was $2.49! Good thing the real 914's didn't increase that much, that would mean $50,000 for a restored 914.

We are close to that now for “truely” restored.
Larmo63
You could buy the kit and then get a 904 body to fit over the chassis?

confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 03:33 PM) *

confused24.gif

Man, you really need to get some new material.
What makes you more worthy to appreciate a 914 model kit than me, or post here than me? I take my 914 out and represent at autocrosse's, winning my class even. And when I have surplus 914 stuff I give it away on this board. How many engines have you given away to local guys?
Hell, I've been on this board for 11 years, but still some dude like you is going to come along and act like a sarcastic bully, get a life man.
Jamie
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 28 2018, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 03:33 PM) *

confused24.gif

Man, you really need to get some new material.
What makes you more worthy to appreciate a 914 model kit than me, or post here than me? I take my 914 out and represent at autocrosse's, winning my class even. And when I have surplus 914 stuff I give it away on this board. How many engines have you given away to local guys?
Hell, I've been on this board for 11 years, but still some dude like you is going to come along and act like a sarcastic bully, get a life man.

What just happened to elicit that outrage??? confused24.gif
Maltese Falcon
That's a cool Revell 914 kit, I have a similar kit from the 70's still boxed. In high school days...my Best friend's Dad owned a Toy W/D warehouse. It rained model cars, planes and ships at my house. AMT, Revell, Monogram, even Hubley 1/24th die cast metal kits. Today I collect Hot Wheels, Matchbox for kicks. Today at Fry's Electronics I almost got "Bait and Switched" on a hot wheels deal...gotta read the fine print sad.gif
Sign says $4.99 ea. So I grabbed 5. At the counter these scan for $9.99 ea. turns out the stockboy put the wrong cars with the wrong price card... EZ mistake on THEIR part bs.gif =no sale
End of rantClick to view attachment
Larmo63
I thought it was funny, I'm just joshing' you, Adam.

chair.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 28 2018, 06:25 PM) *

I thought it was funny, I'm just joshing' you, Adam.

chair.gif

Sorry, still a little raw.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 06:22 PM) *

That's a cool Revell 914 kit, I have a similar kit from the 70's still boxed. In high school days...my Best friend's Dad owned a Toy W/D warehouse. It rained model cars, planes and ships at my house. AMT, Revell, Monogram, even Hubley 1/24th die cast metal kits. Today I collect Hot Wheels, Matchbox for kicks. Today at Fry's Electronics I almost got "Bait and Switched" on a hot wheels deal...gotta read the fine print sad.gif
Sign says $4.99 ea. So I grabbed 5. At the counter these scan for $9.99 ea. turns out the stockboy put the wrong cars with the wrong price card... EZ mistake on THEIR part bs.gif =no sale
End of rantClick to view attachment

I love collecting the little cars, it gives me something to hunt for in junk shops, they always have a bowl of cars, usually for $1. I built shelves in my office to display them, I don't think it's a problem...
Maltese Falcon
My fave place for these is my neighborhood Ralph's (Kroeger) market...10 for $10.00.
Just dropped in this eve for my dose of Hot wheels and found that these are now behind a locked glass case idea.gif That figures as the store was being pilfered by a homeless camp about 1/2 block away. Now key-code entry restrooms, 2 armed guards with 9's and my Hot wheels require a manager's key ( he's a gearhead too ) !
I approve of your office display Adam aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
RickS
Lock them up! Lock them up!

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 09:19 PM) *

My fave place for these is my neighborhood Ralph's (Kroeger) market...10 for $10.00.
Just dropped in this eve for my dose of Hot wheels and found that these are now behind a locked glass case idea.gif That figures as the store was being pilfered by a homeless camp about 1/2 block away. Now key-code entry restrooms, 2 armed guards with 9's and my Hot wheels require a manager's key ( he's a gearhead too ) !

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 28 2018, 08:19 PM) *

Thanks! I also hit Wal-Mart when I'm there with the kids, they love to dig with me in the big bins. The funniest time was I was doing it once and one of the Wal-Mart people came to help me, which I found kind of weird. After about 15 minutes she asked what we were doing, I said looking for Porsches, she asked why. I said I collect them and give them to Porsche friends. She asked, "Do you work here?" I said no, and then looked at what I was wearing, it just happened to be khaki pants and a blue shirt, so she thought I worked there, it was really funny. She was nice and continued to help looking for Porsches. Some days are better then others, but sometimes you can hit the motherload, I've filled hundreds if not thousands of gift bags with little Porsches, I even tried to by direct from Mattel but they have this weird rule that you have to have a storefront to buy from them.
maf914
I know it will never happen, but I wish Fujimi, Tamiya or Hasegawa would offer a model of the 914. The old Revell kit leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to plastic injection molded model kits. confused24.gif
krazykonrad
That model kit is way cool. Thanks for posting.

Konrad
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 28 2018, 06:18 AM) *

The only good news with this kit is you get to build 2 cars for that price.
Lucky9146
I posted the same pic of that Revell 914 model a couple months back but it really didn't get noticed I guess. Found it at a Hobby Lobby for $29.99 but you can get 40% off with your phone coupon making it about $18 which is a little more reasonable.

As for Walmat little cars I take a look when I am there but learned that there are guys who know exactly when the truck comes in and gets unloaded and are there waiting. Seldom see a Porsche matchbox or Hot Wheels for that reason. I'm just not that dedicated. biggrin.gif

Happy hunting!
driving.gif white914.jpg
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 29 2018, 07:29 AM) *

I posted the same pic of that Revell 914 model a couple months back but it really didn't get noticed I guess. Found it at a Hobby Lobby for $29.99 but you can get 40% off with your phone coupon making it about $18 which is a little more reasonable.

As for Walmat little cars I take a look when I am there but learned that there are guys who know exactly when the truck comes in and gets unloaded and are there waiting. Seldom see a Porsche matchbox or Hot Wheels for that reason. I'm just not that dedicated. biggrin.gif

Happy hunting!
driving.gif white914.jpg

I've got a shit-ton so if anyone is missing the 914 from their collection let me know, I give them away in gift bags, so might as well give them away here.
rhodyguy
BANDAI 1/20. it's a 6. biggrin.gif store sticker is Exeter Models, South St, 52368. 1pound-95P.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 28 2018, 07:18 AM) *

I was curious as to how much inflation has bumped that number. In 1963 you'd have been about 15 years old. $2.50 in 1963 has the same buying power as $20 bucks today, so $3 in 1963 would have been the price of the model today at $25.

driving.gif
xperu
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2018, 11:09 AM) *

BANDAI 1/20. it's a 6. biggrin.gif store sticker is Exeter Models, South St, 52368. 1pound-95P.

WOW look the door gaps, I thought mine were bad..... just joking. I ‘m a modeler and would like to buy any kits you want to sel. Mike ❗️
rhodyguy
The gaps are big but they're consistent.
xperu
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2018, 07:52 PM) *

The gaps are big but they're consistent.

Funny
Grosbard
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 29 2018, 11:47 AM) *

I've got a shit-ton so if anyone is missing the 914 from their collection let me know, I give them away in gift bags, so might as well give them away here.

Wow, that's quite a collection! Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.