Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> goose, cooked, need engine assembler
rhodyguy
post May 29 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

If that one worked you might be able to get it hauled down for cheap from the WCR. Guys towing usually have a pretty much empty truck beds. co-ordinating load up help for the newberg leg should be easy. A number of us are heading down thurs AM.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post May 29 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,741
Region Association: None

Good idea, but bad chemistry. Last time I spoke with them they flat out told me they refuse to work on 914s. I'll call them and at least ask if they know a good builder. Thanks!

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2018, 05:47 AM) *

A&P in Portland?

+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post May 29 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #23

That's an idea. I totally forgot about WCR, despite a poster right next to me on the wall. Santa Rose isn't too far. It's a good excuse to take a road trip with my brother, who I'm enslaving to do my tasks for me.

Thanks!

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 29 2018, 09:50 AM) *

If that one worked you might be able to get it hauled down for cheap from the WCR. Guys towing usually have a pretty much empty truck beds. co-ordinating load up help for the newberg leg should be easy. A number of us are heading down thurs AM.

+Quote Post
burton73
post May 29 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #24

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Marcus,

Very sorry to hear of your health troubles.

I have an idea. Just sell all of what you have as a package or at least see what someone would pay you for it as a car and parts. You will need good pictures but if the car is clean you may get a decent amount for it without too much trouble.

Again, sorry to hear of you bad health.

Bob B

+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 29 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #25

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(burton73 @ May 29 2018, 07:59 PM) *

Marcus,

Very sorry to hear of your health troubles.

I have an idea. Just sell all of what you have as a package or at least see what someone would pay you for it as a car and parts. You will need good pictures but if the car is clean you may get a decent amount for it without too much trouble.

Again, sorry to hear of you bad health.

Bob B

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) engine kit with roller. price separate and as a package.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 29 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #26

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Marcus,
I’d spot you a tow bar, and if you want to bring to WCR even have a truck to get a roller there.
Wouldn’t hurt to get it out there.
Let me know if you need any help getting it there. Newberg isn’t that far.
Mark
+Quote Post
cary
post May 31 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've thought about 3 different folks here in PDX.

Thought #1 was a strike out. Semi retired not interested.
I'll try and call #2 tonight. Once again semi retired but the 356 crowd keeps him pretty busy.
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post May 31 2018, 09:40 PM
Post #28

Hey there.

Some good news - I found a local guy who can do the build. I'll let you know how it works out. Hopefully it can all get done soon.

The realist in me thinks that selling everything off as a project in one swoop is a great idea. Especially with WCR so close and so soon. I wished I had kept in the loop so I could have planned it better.

Another part of me just wants to finish what I started and get the car back together. I just want to see it one piece and driving. There's only a couple of things necessary to get it buttoned up once the engine is assembled. I'd like to drive it a couple of times before selling it.

Hopefully a month or so from now it will be all ready to sell. Maybe there's a signal orange car in your future!

Thank you all kindly for the well wishes. It means a lot. I forget sometimes that I'm part of a stellar community.

I'll keep this thread open to keep the engine updates coming along.

-marcus
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 1 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #29

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ May 31 2018, 11:40 PM) *

Hey there.

Some good news - I found a local guy who can do the build. I'll let you know how it works out. Hopefully it can all get done soon.

The realist in me thinks that selling everything off as a project in one swoop is a great idea. Especially with WCR so close and so soon. I wished I had kept in the loop so I could have planned it better.

Another part of me just wants to finish what I started and get the car back together. I just want to see it one piece and driving. There's only a couple of things necessary to get it buttoned up once the engine is assembled. I'd like to drive it a couple of times before selling it.

Hopefully a month or so from now it will be all ready to sell. Maybe there's a signal orange car in your future!

Thank you all kindly for the well wishes. It means a lot. I forget sometimes that I'm part of a stellar community.

I'll keep this thread open to keep the engine updates coming along.

-marcus

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
cary
post Jun 1 2018, 07:13 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Jun 12 2018, 10:03 AM
Post #31

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ..........the next time I feel down I'm going to think of your strength to keep going
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jun 12 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #32

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Jun 12 2018, 09:03 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) ..........the next time I feel down I'm going to think of your strength to keep going

Amen. Obviously a Gentleman of Grace, Honor and Dignity.
+Quote Post
r3dplanet
post Jun 12 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #33

Also, thank you gentle 914ers. You guys are the best.

I don't know about all the praise though. I've never met my health crash as something to fight or overcome. Instead I treat it with indifference and patience. That works well for me. Basically I just do what the doctors order and then deal with the fallout.

I never like reading obits with the cliché "died after a long battle with cancer" because it puts suffering into heroic terms. To me, heroism is a fireman saving a litter of kittens from a burning building. Implied selflessness. Putting things into heroic terms for illness has, in my little opinion, a backhanded way of putting pressure on the patient, and that doesn't help. But every patient has a different way of approaching it.

It usually happens that I average three or four funerals per year because of the young oncology group I run with, and each time I think "suffered mercilessly from cancer" instead of "battle with cancer." But the upshot is that all of those hot, stuffy funerals gave me a business idea: SALAD BAR SERVICE for funerals. I just need a funny name for the business and some vegetables. Cool and refreshing is just the thing. Then you could say things like, "It's such a bummer about Phil but check out these cherry tomatoes. They're heirloom. Wow."

Hoping to get the 914 engine back in the next couple of weeks. Getting there.

-m.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 13 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #34

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jun 12 2018, 06:55 PM) *

I don't know about all the praise though. I've never met my health crash as something to fight or overcome. Instead I treat it with indifference and patience. That works well for me. Basically I just do what the doctors order and then deal with the fallout.

I never like reading obits with the cliché "died after a long battle with cancer" because it puts suffering into heroic terms. To me, heroism is a fireman saving a litter of kittens from a burning building. Implied selflessness. Putting things into heroic terms for illness has, in my little opinion, a backhanded way of putting pressure on the patient, and that doesn't help. But every patient has a different way of approaching it.

It usually happens that I average three or four funerals per year because of the young oncology group I run with, and each time I think "suffered mercilessly from cancer" instead of "battle with cancer." But the upshot is that all of those hot, stuffy funerals gave me a business idea: SALAD BAR SERVICE for funerals. I just need a funny name for the business and some vegetables. Cool and refreshing is just the thing. Then you could say things like, "It's such a bummer about Phil but check out these cherry tomatoes. They're heirloom. Wow."

-m.

Hmm, funeral salad company names...

Last Stop Salad Catering
Styx Salads and Fixins
Farewell Greens

+Quote Post
gandalf_025
post Jun 13 2018, 09:50 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 10,509
Region Association: North East States

I hope I have the style and grace to face this
As well, When my time may come....

We will all have to deal with this....
and Some sooner than others..
Thank you for sharing this with us..
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Jun 13 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

Come to the pending 1911 build tech weekend in SoCal and DYI.

Seriously.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jun 13 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #37

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jun 12 2018, 03:55 PM) *

-m.

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.

-Emerson

You are a hero Marcus. Godspeed with the engine.

Rob
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:31 PM