Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Automatic Choke?
mguyotss
post May 29 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,156
Region Association: Southern California

Hey everybody,

I'm learning more and more about 914 and drove one for the first time today.
After few little minutes of "regular" driving (as it seemed to idle well), the idle went up much more (like an automatic choke) and car was running very high (as if there was a choke).
In the end of the test drive, it seemed like even in 1st gear, car was kinda coughing sometimes.

So :
- Is there an automatic choke on 914 2.0l? It was the original injection system, not carbs.
-If yes, why would it have appeared after 3 mins of driving and not right at the begining?
- What do you think about the coughing?

I have lot of experience with classic cars (either in the city or on racetrack), a lot with british cars, and the way they handle and gears are engaged and i have to say for sure that 914 gearbox aren't easy at first drive hahah ! So maybe coughing could be the consequence of me missing the 1st gear for the 3rd one, but i'm 95% sure i was in 1st and even in 2nd it was coughing.

Help me guys !
Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:37 PM