Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do fuel pumps get hot?
BCinSC
post Jul 12 2003, 12:37 PM
Post #1

Nothing but Trouble

Group: Members
Member No.: 800
Region Association: North East States

I've replaced my leaking OEM pump with a nice MSD unit that works great, but is louder than original (though that may because I mounted to firewall, for lack of better alternative). Can I wrap some high-temp dynamat around it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BCinSC
post Jul 12 2003, 01:30 PM
Post #2

Nothing but Trouble

Member No.: 800
Region Association: North East States

High Pressure Electric Fuel Pump
Multiport EFI systems require a stable fuel supply to maintain best performance throughout the engine’s rpm range. This high pressure and high flow Fuel Pump features a roller vane pump mechanism which is extremely resistant to clogging and jamming. The pump mounts in-line (out of the fuel tank) with two supplied cushioned clamps for a quick and sturdy installation. The nipple inlet is 3/8” with a 5/16” outlet. The wire terminals feature brass studs for secure connections. Made in the USA, the pump is ideal for use as a “booster” for nitrous oxide applications, or as a stand alone pump for multiport EFI systems on engines up to approximately 500 HP. Capable of 43 gph at 40 psi/162l/h.
+Quote Post
anthony
post Jul 12 2003, 02:02 PM
Post #3

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Why do you cross post your questions to Pelican and Rennlist? I think it's best to start in your favorite forum and then post elsewhere if you don't get a good answer.
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Jul 12 2003, 02:16 PM
Post #4

Fear the Jack Stands

Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

Hot enough that the factory pump uses fuel to cool it. It is recommended that you don't run the pump dry, as the heat generated can damage the pump. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:55 PM