Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do fuel pumps get hot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BCinSC
I've replaced my leaking OEM pump with a nice MSD unit that works great, but is louder than original (though that may because I mounted to firewall, for lack of better alternative). Can I wrap some high-temp dynamat around it?
BCinSC
High Pressure Electric Fuel Pump
Multiport EFI systems require a stable fuel supply to maintain best performance throughout the engine’s rpm range. This high pressure and high flow Fuel Pump features a roller vane pump mechanism which is extremely resistant to clogging and jamming. The pump mounts in-line (out of the fuel tank) with two supplied cushioned clamps for a quick and sturdy installation. The nipple inlet is 3/8” with a 5/16” outlet. The wire terminals feature brass studs for secure connections. Made in the USA, the pump is ideal for use as a “booster” for nitrous oxide applications, or as a stand alone pump for multiport EFI systems on engines up to approximately 500 HP. Capable of 43 gph at 40 psi/162l/h.
anthony
Why do you cross post your questions to Pelican and Rennlist? I think it's best to start in your favorite forum and then post elsewhere if you don't get a good answer.
MarkV
Hot enough that the factory pump uses fuel to cool it. It is recommended that you don't run the pump dry, as the heat generated can damage the pump. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.