Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SCCA AutoX rules, stock class
Chris914n6
post Jun 6 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Jackstands are my life.

Group: Members
Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

The tire thread got me rethinking my plan....

I've got a mostly stock 72 2.0FI. All my 4 lug wheels are aftermarket & VW offset, and I've been scoring cheap cookies off the 944s dying at the Pic-a-part, which convinced me to buy a 911sc susp, and because my other teener is 5 lug, I thought I could buy 1 set of stickies and use on both cars.

But then I read that I'm stuck with 5.5" wheels. Is that a hard line or can I slide by with 7" or 6" cookies? Local not national. Running in Prepared just lines me up for a monthly asskicking by the more serious drivers.
Will the 911 susp bump me up anyways or is that considered stock -6?

I know if I'm at the back of the pack I'm going to spend money I shouldn't....

What do you guys think is a reasonable plan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 8 2018, 09:52 AM
Post #2

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Look and see if your SCCA region has a HCR or HCS class. They are Historic Class Race & Historic Class Street. Also I thought since your car is over 25yrs old (or is it 30) that you are automatically put in a prepared class?

I need to read up on the rules again. I run my 73 with a 2.7 /4 steel flared 911 suspension in HCR against other "older" race cars.
+Quote Post
Racer
post Jul 11 2018, 07:58 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I would imagine that running locally, no one will care till you start winning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

But yes, rulebooks must be read. HCR class would be nice, so ask.. if not, get ready to get run over by the big dogs.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:56 PM