Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oilpressure noise warning?
falcor75
post Jun 23 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

Ughhhh,...right now it feels like I should have stayed out of the garage entirely the last week and not touched the car. Following the blown oil hose and draining of the oil to check for sparkles and removal of all the rear to front oil hoses I was going to change the oil filter aswell.... Filter is on tight like a bugger (i have small hands so I cant grip is and loosen it without tools so I have one of those threearmed things that attach to a 3/8"' ratchet. Turning it as hard as I can and suddenly the filter twists...along with the sandwich adapter plate....which dents the #4 cylinder pushrod tube....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So tired of everything now....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jun 23 2018, 09:16 AM
Post #22

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jun 23 2018, 07:53 AM) *

Ughhhh,...right now it feels like I should have stayed out of the garage entirely the last week and not touched the car. Following the blown oil hose and draining of the oil to check for sparkles and removal of all the rear to front oil hoses I was going to change the oil filter aswell.... Filter is on tight like a bugger (i have small hands so I cant grip is and loosen it without tools so I have one of those threearmed things that attach to a 3/8"' ratchet. Turning it as hard as I can and suddenly the filter twists...along with the sandwich adapter plate....which dents the #4 cylinder pushrod tube....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So tired of everything now....

Removing an oil filter from a Lycoming engine can be a bitch too. The heat makes the rubber seal bond to the metal. A little trick is to apply 100% silicone grease to both side of the seal then hand tighten. 100 hours later you can remove it by hand. https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Silicone-...ase+for+o-rings
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Jun 23 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I've never seen anything faster than an idiot light switch. You could add switches in several locations all on the same light.

I'd mount a light high in your field of view, I have a homemade version of a prolight in my type 4 conversion '67 bug.
It has come on heavy cornering if I'm a 1/2 quart down, so I know it's instant and bright.

https://www.autometer.com/pro-lite.html
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.autometer.com-26-1529776270.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Jun 25 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #24

Attached Image

Here's my newly created ding....I feel a wee bit stupid.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

Does the pushrod tube need to be replaced you think?
+Quote Post
brant
post Jun 25 2018, 07:24 AM
Post #25

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 23 2018, 11:51 AM) *

I've never seen anything faster than an idiot light switch. You could add switches in several locations all on the same light.

I'd mount a light high in your field of view, I have a homemade version of a prolight in my type 4 conversion '67 bug.
It has come on heavy cornering if I'm a 1/2 quart down, so I know it's instant and bright.

https://www.autometer.com/pro-lite.html
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.autometer.com-26-1529776270.1.jpg)

I would never hear a buzzer
Road noise stereo noise. Etc

These lights work!
I have two of them
One for oil pressure and the 2nd for the alt/fan belt on a /6
(The fan belt is just as important as oil on a /6)
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Jun 25 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #26

I know the lights work I just think they're ugly and I dont want them on my dash. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'll give the siren a go first. If its not loud enough I'll have to think of something else but I'll probably just add one or two high intensity leds in the stock gauge cluster.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jun 25 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #27

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jun 25 2018, 02:59 AM) *

It doesn't look that badly dented. I think there's a lot of room in the tubes but I'm not an expert engine builder.
+Quote Post
falcor75
post Jun 25 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 26 2018, 06:12 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jun 25 2018, 02:59 AM) *

It doesn't look that badly dented. I think there's a lot of room in the tubes but I'm not an expert engine builder.

Thats my estimation too, I'll pull a tube from my spare engine after work and do some measurments. If I feel its too close I'll turn the engine over with the valve cover off to make sure the valve moves as it should.

+Quote Post
falcor75
post Jul 19 2018, 05:30 AM
Post #29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOjawtYuG_Y

Quick test video of my buzzer/beeper. My son is behind the camera manually grounding the oil lamp sensor to make it go off.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:55 AM