Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cutting front of rear of trunk to make room for distributor, Chevy V8 Conversion
DickSteinkamp
post Jun 20 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,876
Region Association: None

I'm currently running a Mallory dual point distributor, mechanical advance only, with a crab cap in my SBC powered 914. Renegade kit. With this set up, the dizzy fits neatly under the front of the rear trunk overhang with no cutting required. I can even R & R the dizzy if I temporarily lower the engine an inch or so.

I'm not crazy about the lack of vacuum advance, however. Any dizzy with vacuum advance (that I have seen or tried) will require I cut a notch out of the front of the rear trunk. If I do that, I'd like to fabricate a little removable "dog house" to cover the cut out to seal up the rear trunk again.

The problem seems to be that if the dog house is tall enough to clear a generic points type Chevy dizzy (for example), it may be too tall to stow the roof panel.

I'm sure this has been done many times before. What's the solution?

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:01 AM