Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil line leaks, JEGS AN fittings
worn
post Jun 29 2018, 10:39 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am running a 911 thermostat and remote oil filter and oil cooler. I figured on going AN fittings since they seem to be abundant and cheap. So I made up some oil lines using SS braided hose and anodized fittings from JEGS. At the time I bought the stuff I could get free shipping and the stuff came pretty much overnight.

Some of the end fittings I used are 45 and 90 degree angles, and they allow the fitting to swivel. I haven't tracked the trouble completely, but it appears that the fittings are leaking at the swivel joints.

Any experience with this sort of problem? Is this inherent to the do it yourself type fittings? They aren't like Aeroquipe in that the fitting doesn't cut into the hose. Instead, the fitting is sort of clamped onto the hose with an outer nut. Are there tricks to assembly that I don't know about?
Like this on my oil cooler:
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:49 AM