Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who knows this car
flmont
post Jul 1 2018, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,676
Region Association: Southwest Region

Any info about this car avaliable,.TIA Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 1 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

If you know the VIN a search of thr VIN database or a Google search on the VIN may provide helpful info... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 1 2018, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Get that VIN ?

Good Luck with your search
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 1 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

I think that was on bringatrailer.com. Here I found it https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-914-6-2/

VIN 9141430421
+Quote Post
flmont
post Jul 1 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #5

Thanks Travis,..Jim, I had no vin..just ran across that pic,..Thanks,..I like the front panel and the rocker panels.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 1 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #6

Get that VIN ?

VIN is in database; entry made by speedy914
+Quote Post
flmont
post Jul 1 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #7

Thank You,..
+Quote Post
RickS
post Jul 1 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

It has a mouth like in Carz
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jul 2 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #9

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Wow who cares if it had an 911 RS engine in it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) What matters is what it is sold with.

Heck I had a 2.8 RSR engine in the shop for a week, does that mean I get to add it to the build list on my car.

1974 Porsche 914-4 converted to 3.3L six from a Subaru. It had a 2.8L RSR engine that it shared space with back in 1996. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
sechszylinder
post Jul 5 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 545

That car would be a nightmare to restore it. Seems to be a total rustbucket, with lots of rust in the well known critical areas besides rusted through areas which have been taped *ouch*

But, I don't no why, I really really like that car ...

BR

Benno
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 5 2018, 09:26 AM
Post #11

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

There was a midwestern guy who was a racer who developed a one piece front end something akin to that. He made some in carbon fiber I think and a few people bought them...
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 5 2018, 09:38 AM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

QUOTE(sechszylinder @ Jul 5 2018, 07:54 AM) *

That car would be a nightmare to restore it. Seems to be a total rustbucket, with lots of rust in the well known critical areas besides rusted through areas which have been taped *ouch*

But, I don't no why, I really really like that car ...

BR

Benno

I was thinking the same thing, it has a good look to it.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jul 5 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #13

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 5 2018, 11:26 AM) *

There was a midwestern guy who was a racer who developed a one piece front end something akin to that. He made some in carbon fiber I think and a few people bought them...

That would be Groot, he made a few of them, but not many. Here is the post about them.

Not the same

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 5 2018, 04:27 PM
Post #14

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 5 2018, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 5 2018, 11:26 AM) *

That would be Groot, he made a few of them, but not many. Here is the post about them.

Not the same

Attached Image

Groot’s looks waaay better... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 5 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Groot only charged $280 for that carbon fiber masterpiece? That'd be $1500 easy today.
+Quote Post
speedy914
post Sep 30 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 8,166

QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 1 2018, 06:42 PM) *

Any info about this car avaliable,.TIA Attached Image

A couple of years late, lol. I just stumbled across this. It is my car. I still own it. It did not sell on BaT.
Front bumper/spoiler is a piece hand made in Germany. Previous owner had another one unused up in his attic in Cochem Germany. He has since passed away. I have seen the same piece only once before on a 914-6 here in the states that was imported in From Holland I believe.
The wording on the engine from Bat was a little weird. The engine is a 2.7 Mechanical 210hp (i.e) Carrera RS 2.7. Previous owner updated his RS to a 2.8 and then thus built this 2.7 with some of those parts. So no matching numbers to any car of significance. It is a Euro S pump and stacks, Mahle 10.3:1 on 906 Profile cams. Screams to 8000 all day long!
A nightmare to restore? Well, expensive anyway. Suspension consoles are good, hell hole is good, longs are good. Safe to drive. Most rust is exterior sheet metal. Autobahn and Nurburgring use. 100+ DE weekends and 22 Club Races. Used hard and put away wet, It still runs like a Raped Ape. If/when Luft happens on the East Coast, I'll sneak him out again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) Stay Safe and Vote
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 30 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #17

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(speedy914 @ Sep 30 2020, 08:22 PM) *
A couple of years late, lol. I just stumbled across this. It is my car. I still own it. It did not sell on BaT.
Front bumper/spoiler is a piece hand made in Germany. Previous owner had another one unused up in his attic in Cochem Germany. He has since passed away. I have seen the same piece only once before on a 914-6 here in the states that was imported in From Holland I believe.
The wording on the engine from Bat was a little weird. The engine is a 2.7 Mechanical 210hp (i.e) Carrera RS 2.7. Previous owner updated his RS to a 2.8 and then thus built this 2.7 with some of those parts. So no matching numbers to any car of significance. It is a Euro S pump and stacks, Mahle 10.3:1 on 906 Profile cams. Screams to 8000 all day long!
A nightmare to restore? Well, expensive anyway. Suspension consoles are good, hell hole is good, longs are good. Safe to drive. Most rust is exterior sheet metal. Autobahn and Nurburgring use. 100+ DE weekends and 22 Club Races. Used hard and put away wet, It still runs like a Raped Ape. If/when Luft happens on the East Coast, I'll sneak him out again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) Stay Safe and Vote

Did I see you driving north on Paper Mill road a while ago?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
speedy914
post Sep 30 2020, 07:29 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 30 2020, 09:21 PM) *

Negative
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 30 2020, 07:45 PM
Post #19

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(speedy914 @ Sep 30 2020, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 30 2020, 09:21 PM) *

Negative

OH well. I'm always exited to see another 914 in Delaware. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
speedy914
post Sep 30 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #20

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:41 PM