Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who knows this car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
Any info about this car avaliable,.TIA Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
If you know the VIN a search of thr VIN database or a Google search on the VIN may provide helpful info... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Good Luck with your search
TravisNeff
I think that was on bringatrailer.com. Here I found it https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-914-6-2/

VIN 9141430421
flmont
Thanks Travis,..Jim, I had no vin..just ran across that pic,..Thanks,..I like the front panel and the rocker panels.
jim_hoyland
VIN is in database; entry made by speedy914
flmont
Thank You,..
RickS
It has a mouth like in Carz
914forme
Wow who cares if it had an 911 RS engine in it. confused24.gif What matters is what it is sold with.

Heck I had a 2.8 RSR engine in the shop for a week, does that mean I get to add it to the build list on my car.

1974 Porsche 914-4 converted to 3.3L six from a Subaru. It had a 2.8L RSR engine that it shared space with back in 1996. WTF.gif
sechszylinder
That car would be a nightmare to restore it. Seems to be a total rustbucket, with lots of rust in the well known critical areas besides rusted through areas which have been taped *ouch*

But, I don't no why, I really really like that car ...

BR

Benno
ConeDodger
There was a midwestern guy who was a racer who developed a one piece front end something akin to that. He made some in carbon fiber I think and a few people bought them...
TravisNeff
QUOTE(sechszylinder @ Jul 5 2018, 07:54 AM) *

That car would be a nightmare to restore it. Seems to be a total rustbucket, with lots of rust in the well known critical areas besides rusted through areas which have been taped *ouch*

But, I don't no why, I really really like that car ...

BR

Benno

I was thinking the same thing, it has a good look to it.
914forme
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 5 2018, 11:26 AM) *

There was a midwestern guy who was a racer who developed a one piece front end something akin to that. He made some in carbon fiber I think and a few people bought them...

That would be Groot, he made a few of them, but not many. Here is the post about them.

Not the same

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 5 2018, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 5 2018, 11:26 AM) *

That would be Groot, he made a few of them, but not many. Here is the post about them.

Not the same

Click to view attachment

Groot’s looks waaay better... evilgrin.gif
Chris H.
Groot only charged $280 for that carbon fiber masterpiece? That'd be $1500 easy today.
speedy914
QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 1 2018, 06:42 PM) *

Any info about this car avaliable,.TIA Click to view attachment

A couple of years late, lol. I just stumbled across this. It is my car. I still own it. It did not sell on BaT.
Front bumper/spoiler is a piece hand made in Germany. Previous owner had another one unused up in his attic in Cochem Germany. He has since passed away. I have seen the same piece only once before on a 914-6 here in the states that was imported in From Holland I believe.
The wording on the engine from Bat was a little weird. The engine is a 2.7 Mechanical 210hp (i.e) Carrera RS 2.7. Previous owner updated his RS to a 2.8 and then thus built this 2.7 with some of those parts. So no matching numbers to any car of significance. It is a Euro S pump and stacks, Mahle 10.3:1 on 906 Profile cams. Screams to 8000 all day long!
A nightmare to restore? Well, expensive anyway. Suspension consoles are good, hell hole is good, longs are good. Safe to drive. Most rust is exterior sheet metal. Autobahn and Nurburgring use. 100+ DE weekends and 22 Club Races. Used hard and put away wet, It still runs like a Raped Ape. If/when Luft happens on the East Coast, I'll sneak him out again. signal914.jpg Stay Safe and Vote
mepstein
QUOTE(speedy914 @ Sep 30 2020, 08:22 PM) *
A couple of years late, lol. I just stumbled across this. It is my car. I still own it. It did not sell on BaT.
Front bumper/spoiler is a piece hand made in Germany. Previous owner had another one unused up in his attic in Cochem Germany. He has since passed away. I have seen the same piece only once before on a 914-6 here in the states that was imported in From Holland I believe.
The wording on the engine from Bat was a little weird. The engine is a 2.7 Mechanical 210hp (i.e) Carrera RS 2.7. Previous owner updated his RS to a 2.8 and then thus built this 2.7 with some of those parts. So no matching numbers to any car of significance. It is a Euro S pump and stacks, Mahle 10.3:1 on 906 Profile cams. Screams to 8000 all day long!
A nightmare to restore? Well, expensive anyway. Suspension consoles are good, hell hole is good, longs are good. Safe to drive. Most rust is exterior sheet metal. Autobahn and Nurburgring use. 100+ DE weekends and 22 Club Races. Used hard and put away wet, It still runs like a Raped Ape. If/when Luft happens on the East Coast, I'll sneak him out again. signal914.jpg Stay Safe and Vote

Did I see you driving north on Paper Mill road a while ago?
speedy914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 30 2020, 09:21 PM) *

Negative
mepstein
QUOTE(speedy914 @ Sep 30 2020, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 30 2020, 09:21 PM) *

Negative

OH well. I'm always exited to see another 914 in Delaware. beerchug.gif
speedy914
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
That is definitely a 914-6 that has seen some fun times. I hope one day it goes to the car spa and gets a complete makeover so it can continue to thrill on the track or street if possible. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.