Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Reattaching Mirror to Windshield, What are you using?
KELTY360
post Jul 7 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #1

914 Neferati

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've got a '75 914 with an inside mirror that has detached from the windshield I've looked at the two part adhesives but they don't work for an entire mirror assembly.

What have you used to reattach the whole mirror assembly?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
iankarr
post Jul 8 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #2

The wrencher formerly known as Cuddy_K

Member No.: 18,749
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Agree on the OEM adhesive pad. Clean surfaces well with alcohol. The mirror mounts lower than you'd think it does. To line it up, flip the sun visors down and center the mirror in the cutotus. That should get you close. Then use a wax pencil on the outside to mark the horiz and vertical centers.

If you need to remove an existing adhesive pad, try acetone in a syringe and a hair dryer. Don't use a heat gun, as you could crack the glass. Good luck!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
burton73
post Jul 8 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #3

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Jul 8 2018, 02:17 PM) *

Agree on the OEM adhesive pad. Clean surfaces well with alcohol. The mirror mounts lower than you'd think it does. To line it up, flip the sun visors down and center the mirror in the cutotus. That should get you close. Then use a wax pencil on the outside to mark the horiz and vertical centers.

If you need to remove an existing adhesive pad, try acetone in a syringe and a hair dryer. Don't use a heat gun, as you could crack the glass. Good luck!

This is right by me but I used blue masking tape on the windshield to mark the outside of the target.

Bob B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:24 PM