Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 75/76 heat exchangers
mb911
post Jul 18 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

A friend contacted me today about a set of heat exchangers off of a 75 or 76 914.. I went and looked at them and they are pretty nice. Any idea on value if any? I know bad performance but for the orginal folks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dave_Darling
post Jul 23 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

In the past, the 75-76 exhaust hasn't been worth much. It's distinctly sub-optimal, worse than any of the earlier exhausts, and only desired by people who had to pass smog with original-type parts.

Now that 914s have started to get collectible, you might see some more demand for the original-type parts, but I'm a fan of backdating these any time it is practical.

BTW, the F-pipes make a lousy basis for a custom exhaust. Unless you're just looking for noise. The unequal lengths plus combining two cylinders that fire right after each other, plus the tight-180-bend thing, make for rather worse performance than the early exhaust. Note that the main difference between the 74 2.0 that made 95 HP and the 75 2.0 that made 88 is this very exhaust....

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:35 AM