Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 2.0 FI, Unrestored Original, Heavily optioned, strong documentation
sixnotfour
post Sep 9 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

What's it worth for well sorted, original D-jet fuel injection?

zero needs a SIX and chrome bumpers...yawn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 10 2018, 06:50 AM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Then it's $40k+ invested in a 914 conversion. That would be a no. BIG NO. I like being married to a reasonably happy wife.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Sep 10 2018, 07:04 AM
Post #23

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(madrider @ Sep 9 2018, 04:34 PM) *

Hi, I'm new to 914's, and I'm trying to understand the high value in this car?
I'm in the market for a clean, no accident driver, preferably no rust. Based on my conversations and research, rust is a 914 killer, in addition to other wear and and tear issues. This 914 appears to need some rust repair (?) in addition to some other minor repairs.

I understand this 914 is original, but doesn't this also apply to the engine , transmission, and all of the other wear parts?

Thanks for our help, an I look forward to learning more.

The selling price of this car is pretty much the low end of cars in this condition.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Sep 10 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

If you are scared of a little rust, then the 914 is not for you. This example is about as "rust free" as an unmolested and original 914 could ever hope to be. If someone ever tells you that their 914 is completely original and the battery tray is flawless, they are probably not telling the whole truth, lol.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 10 2018, 11:57 AM
Post #25

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Sep 10 2018, 07:26 AM) *

If you are scared of a little rust, then the 914 is not for you. This example is about as "rust free" as an unmolested and original 914 could ever hope to be. If someone ever tells you that their 914 is completely original and the battery tray is flawless, they are probably not telling the whole truth, lol.

I agree with this completely. I'm not presenting this as a rust free 914 because there is virtually no such thing. In fact, I included a pic of the battery tray with traces of original paint to illustrate the point. Most of these cars don't survive 40+ years with their original trays.

Another area of major $$ savings is the interior, which in this case is in excellent condition. Seats, dash, back pad, carpets, guages are all original and show minimal wear.

In today's collector market, provenance and patina are important and this is another strong point of the car.

I really appreciate the insights, critiques and questions. I am also open to reasonable offers on the price.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 10 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #26

Marc, what was the final number on the sticker?
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 10 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #27

914 Neferati

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 10 2018, 11:07 AM) *

Marc, what was the final number on the sticker?

$ 8685.00 w/o transportation
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 11 2018, 07:31 AM
Post #28

That was an expensive car in 75'.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Sep 11 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #29

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

I'd be tempted if it didn't cost so much to get it here. IBH, I'd be buying it to tastefully correct any of the cosmetic deficiencies and re-sell. Cars like this are rare indeed
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 11 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #30

914 Neferati

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 11 2018, 10:12 AM) *

I'd be tempted if it didn't cost so much to get it here. IBH, I'd be buying it to tastefully correct any of the cosmetic deficiencies and re-sell. Cars like this are rare indeed

What number would make it feasible to allow for transport? Let's talk.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Sep 13 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #31

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453

QUOTE(madrider @ Sep 9 2018, 01:34 PM) *

Hi, I'm new to 914's, and I'm trying to understand the high value in this car?
I'm in the market for a clean, no accident driver, preferably no rust. Based on my conversations and research, rust is a 914 killer, in addition to other wear and and tear issues. This 914 appears to need some rust repair (?) in addition to some other minor repairs.

I understand this 914 is original, but doesn't this also apply to the engine , transmission, and all of the other wear parts?

Thanks for our help, an I look forward to learning more.

LMK if you get to more than just interested, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Im local to the car / seller
and could perform a PPI (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 17 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #32

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Man, that's a nice car!
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 17 2018, 09:08 AM
Post #33

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 10 2018, 01:57 PM) *

I agree with this completely. I'm not presenting this as a rust free 914 because there is virtually no such thing. In fact, I included a pic of the battery tray with traces of original paint to illustrate the point. Most of these cars don't survive 40+ years with their original trays.

Another area of major $$ savings is the interior, which in this case is in excellent condition. Seats, dash, back pad, carpets, guages are all original and show minimal wear.

In today's collector market, provenance and patina are important and this is another strong point of the car.

I really appreciate the insights, critiques and questions. I am also open to reasonable offers on the price.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 11 2018, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 17 2018, 08:35 AM) *

Man, that's a nice car!

Beautiful car, GLWTS! this is well worth the price and more! way more!- last week I got with Haggerty to reset my valuation for agreed value etc and they were putting a car like this in the 40,000$ range + for replacement value based on that condition - I was told for mine it should not be insured for less than $30,000 and we came to an agreed value of $35,000 - I would say having done a partial restoration on my car I can tell you what I spent so far and its close to the listing price of this car! if I were looking at a nice original car vs restoring a car, I would go with this for sure- I know there is someone looking hard at this vs an other car and I would say here now t his is the car he should buy for sure - btw my sticker on my '75 with a build date of 09/74 was $7989. so your car at $8500 like kevin said was an expensive 914 for the day, and mine also had appearance group 2.0 with special order color etc.

Anyway this should not be available long if there are serious buyers out there!
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 18 2018, 08:28 AM
Post #34

914 Neferati

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 17 2018, 08:08 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 10 2018, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 11 2018, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 17 2018, 08:35 AM) *

Man, that's a nice car!

Beautiful car, GLWTS! this is well worth the price and more! way more!- last week I got with Haggerty to reset my valuation for agreed value etc and they were putting a car like this in the 40,000$ range + for replacement value based on that condition - I was told for mine it should not be insured for less than $30,000 and we came to an agreed value of $35,000 - I would say having done a partial restoration on my car I can tell you what I spent so far and its close to the listing price of this car! if I were looking at a nice original car vs restoring a car, I would go with this for sure- I know there is someone looking hard at this vs an other car and I would say here now t his is the car he should buy for sure - btw my sticker on my '75 with a build date of 09/74 was $7989. so your car at $8500 like kevin said was an expensive 914 for the day, and mine also had appearance group 2.0 with special order color etc.

Anyway this should not be available long if there are serious buyers out there!

Thanks for you comments and information. I completely agree that this car represents a special opportunity and I've tried to price it to reflect it's value and be fair to the next person who can decide the course of continued upgrades.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Sep 26 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #35

914 Neferati

Car is sold. Thanks for all the comments and information.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:41 AM